Relocating to a new state is a lot of work – moving house, setting up utilities, changing your insurance, house hunting, getting a new driver’s license and license plates, and all the things you have to do take up a lot of time and energy.
But some things about moving can be fun. For example, my wife and I have enjoyed seeking out places for entertainment, such as local parks, classes and events through the park services board, our new library, and more importantly, finding the best local restaurants and donut shops.
My wife and I don’t go out to eat frequently, but when we do, we like to go to a nice restaurant and enjoy a good meal. We prefer to replace quantity with quality. The same thing goes for donuts. We don’t eat them very frequently, but when we do, we want them to be good. You can get Krispy Kreme and Dunkin’ Donuts anywhere, and to be honest, they are only “OK.” But in my experience, you can’t beat the local donut shops.
So far we’ve tried two donut shops and we have a couple still left on our list to try. The restaurant list is practically endless – our local area has dozens of one of a kind restaurants, and seemingly hundreds of various chain restaurants. We only go out to restaurants once a twice a month, so we have a couple years worth or restaurants to try.
Here are some recommended articles from around the web:
- The perfect retirement myth – there is no such thing as the perfect retirement; just what you make of it.
- Asset Allocation is a Sloppy Science – I like this article. Asset Allocation varies based on individual needs and risk tolerance, and depending on your holdings, can be difficult to ascertain.
- High Return Investments – Matt covers the topic of how and were to find investments which offer good returns.
- When A Roth IRA Will Cost You What you need to know about how much a Roth IRA will cost you.
- Where is My IRS Form 1040 Tax Package (or Where Can I File Free)?.
- Automating Your Way To Wealth — To build wealth you need not start out with a ton of money; however, you do need to start somewhere. Here’s how you can do it automatically..
- Carnival of Financial Planning #172- Stories of Past Lottery Winners, Carnival of Personal Finance: Cupid Edition, Festival of Frugality #268 – Cheapskate Jake Edition.
- Tax Carnival #81: We Heart Taxes, Carnival of Wealth #26 – Stock Investing Edition, Saving Money in Crazy Ways – Carnival of Personal Finance #297, Carnival Of Credit Score And Debt – Fourth Edition, Cavalcade of Risk | Personal Financial Solution, Best of Credit Cards and Saving Money – Lazy Edition.