Welcome to Augusts Commander’s Call. There are a lot of great military money articles out there. Before we get started, there is a big announcement that affects several million military members and their families.
USAA Increases Its Pool of Eligible Members. This is great info for millions of people who may now be eligible for USAA membership. I have been a USAA member for almost 8 years now and I plan on staying with them for life. USAA offers full banking services and great rates on many financial products including insurance and investments. I recommend looking into USAA membership if you are eligible. Thanks to Military Money Might for pointing this out!
Here are some great military money articles from the last month:
- Why I Hate the Military’s Savings Deposit Program (SDP). I used the military’s Savings Deposit Program a couple times while I was deployed, and for me it was a good investment option. But there are a lot of reasons why this may not be for you. Before investing your money there, be sure to understand the pros and cons.
- Retirement Benefits May Change For Military. Nothing has been decided on yet, but this could affect millions of members if it goes through. Some of the changes could be positive, others may end up detrimental. I recommend reading this article for more info.
- Step 4 — Evaluate Stocks — Part 2 — The Method. The Harvard Marine continues his series on evaluating stocks. I particularly enjoyed this article, but you may want to start at the beginning.
- Best Gas Rewards Credit Cards. Cash Money Life has a list of the top gas rewards credit cards. Even though gas is cheaper on post, it doesn’t hurt to save an additional $.12-.20 per gallon. Great savings! (3-5%).
- A Cheaper Way to Diet – Part Deux. Brooke from Dollar Frugal says it isn’t just what kind of foods you eat that affect your ability to drop the pounds, but how much you eat as well.
- It’s a great time to start investing!. Your Military Money is right – now is the best time to start!
Thanks for stopping by!