If you are a military member or retiree who is planning a Disney World vacation, then it pays to take advantage of the generous military discounts Disney offers. The promotion is good for a 4-Day Park Hopper ticket for just $177 per person, plus tax. The Park Hopper option gives you access to all four Disney World parks. You can also add park admission to the water parks for $30 more per person.
Valid dates: Purchase from August 25, 2014 through September 30, 2015 and receive admission on any 4 days, from September 28, 2014 through October 3, 2015 (see blackout dates below).
Disney World Military Discounts Eligibility
Eligible participants include:
- Active duty members of the Air Force, Army, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard
- Members of the National Guard and Reserves
- Military Retirees
- Spouses of Military Service Members also qualify if they are able to present valid and active U.S. Military IDs in the absence of active Military Personnel.
Valid ID is required to purchase and use these discounted tickets.
Where to buy tickets: Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be only purchased at participating U.S. military sales locations, and can only be purchased by the servicemember, or their spouse (but not both), for use by themselves and other family members and friends.
Up to 6 tickets may be purchased at these discounted rates, however, the tickets may not be sold or transferred, so be sure to only buy what you will use! As a security feature, these promotional tickets are not valid until activated by eligible service members or their spouse at a Disney Wold theme park ticket window.
The Disney website states, “The actual prices charged at the individual U.S. military base ticket offices for Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be less than the prices set forth above.” There are no guarantees your local base will offer these tickets for less than the stated price, but that would be a nice bonus!
Fine Print and Exclusions
As mentioned above, you or your spouse can buy up to 6 total tickets, however, they cannot be transferred. In addition, there are some blackout dates and locations:
- December 22, 2014 through January 2, 2015: Not valid at any theme parks or gated attractions.
- March 29, 2015 through April 9, 2015: Not valid at any theme parks or gated attractions.
Expiration dates and other fine print:
- Tickets and options expire and may not be used after October 3, 2015.
- Valid military identification will be required for purchase and use.
- No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person’s spouse).
- In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be used by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.
- Each Disney Military Promotional Ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days.
More Military Discounts, Disney, & Travel Savings
Here are some more savings you may find helpful:
- Military & Veteran Travel Discounts. (check out the military discounts for Disney World’s Shades of Green Resort).
- Free Event Tickets – Vet Tix – Veteran Tickets Foundation.
- Free Admission to Anheuser-Busch Adventure Parks – Salute to Heroes.
- Military Discounts.
Photo credit: Scott Smith.