I plan on doing a recap of some of the best articles in the military money category every month to highlight information that will be valuable for military members, veterans, and their families. So far, I haven’t found very many military money blogs out there, but those that are around are providing a valuable service to the military community. If you write a military money blog, or are aware of any military money blogs, please contact me. I would love to make some quality additions to my blogroll and to these monthly “Commander’s Calls.”
Military Money Highlights:
- Dollar Frugal New Montgomery GI Bill – Transferability.
- For more military discounts you can get just about anywhere, check out the Military Discounts page on this site.
- Active Duty Military Money and Matters writes about The New GI Bill.
- Semper Finance writes about Investing in the S&P 500. He also says an index fund based on the S&P 500 is The Only Mutual Fund You Should Invest In.
- Minding My Own Business asks, Are Your Assets Protected?
- Cash Money Life writes about How Many Retirement Accounts Can You Have?. Did you know you can have more than one TSP account? My wife has 2 – one from her military days and one from working with the Civil Service. What Should You Do with your TSP When You Leave the Service? My wife kept hers because part of her military TSP was tax free from tax free combat pay.
You’ll notice quite a few articles about the Post-911 GI Bill. That’s because this is a huge change to the GI Bill and will affect several hundred thousand people. I plan on writing more about this topic in the near future.
Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check back for more military money articles!
P.S. I was never a commander of any kind during my military service. But now that I am out, I can have a little fun.