Do you love writing and editing? Do you love helping the military community?
We are searching for an experienced Blog Editor to assist with polishing and publishing blog post content for our website, The Military Wallet.
This is a part-time, remote opportunity starting at 10-20 hours per week with room to grow.
The Blog Editor’s responsibilities include editing blog post content using the Editor’s Style Guide (to be provided by the client) and, if applicable, the blog post outline provided by the client. This position also requires collaborating with freelance writers on any changes or edits as needed.
To ensure success as a Blog Editor for The Military Wallet, you should be accustomed to working with Google Drive, Asana, and WordPress. Additionally, an outstanding Blog Editor will have familiarity with military & veterans benefits topics.
Blog Editor Responsibilities:
- Editing blog post content in accordance with the provided Editor’s Style Guide.
- Editing and proofreading assignments to detect and correct errors.
- Communicating with the freelance writers as required for assignment completion.
- Collaborating with the client as required for final blog post approval and publication.
- Informing the client of assignment-related difficulties as they are detected.
- Ensuring that blog posts are properly researched and cited.
- Verifying originality in all submitted blog posts using online plagiarism detection tools.
- Updating, improving, and republishing blog posts from the archives on an as-needed basis.
- Submitting completed works via the requisite channels.
- Monitoring and logging hours spent on each piece of blog content.
- Submitting invoices in a timely manner as required by the client.
Blog Editor Requirements & Preferences:
- Familiarity with using WordPress to edit and publish articles (required).
- Prior editing experience (preferred) or prior freelance blog writing experience.
- Familiarity with military & veterans benefits topics.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions, templates, and style guides provided by the client.
- Ability to spot and correct grammatical errors. Ability to edit for flow and style.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Experience with project and team management (preferred).
- Examples of previously published work (either as a writer or an editor).
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Capacity to work with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, disciplined approach to work.
- Own personal or laptop computer and reliable Internet access.
- Familiarity with Google Drive and Asana.
- Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, Journalism, Communication Studies, or adjacent field or other formal training (preferred).
How to Apply:
Note: We have stopped taking new applications as of Feb 7, 2020. We are currently interviewing applicants and will make a decision soon.
Thank you for your interest!