When comparing online movie services and DVD rentals, two companies come to mind: Netflix and Blockbuster. Blockbuster had the head start on the home movie rental business, but Netflix came in and flipped the industry upside down. Now, they offer one of the best movie bargains around. For the price of seeing a movie in the theater you can stream an unlimited number of TV shows and movies through the Netflix video streaming service, and have DVDs or Blu-Ray movies delivered to your door postage prepaid. Sounds amazing, doesn’t it?
There are several features that set Netflix apart from the competition – over 100,000 movies in their library, ensuring you always have something great to watch, and the best prices in the industry. When Netflix began the DVD rental by mail service, many people thought it was a fad, or that it wouldn’t last. Since then Netflix has grown in size, stature, and offerings, all while lowering their prices and toppling competitors. And it’s easy to see why – Netflix offers the customer great value, and few hassles.
How Netflix works
Netflix gives you the power to watch movies at home or on the go. You can receive DVDs and Blu-Ray movies to your doorstep, stream movies online, or even watch movies on the go on your iPhone. Here is a brief overview of how Netflix works:
- Get unlimited DVDs delivered to your door. DVDs and Blu-Rays are shipped directly to your door in a postage prepaid envelope and you can keep them as long as you like without any late fees. Simply drop them back in the prepaid envelope and send it back after you watch it.
- Set up your movie queue. You can set up a movie queue to automatically receive the next movie on your list when it becomes available. You can also rate and review movies, making it easy to keep track of which movies you’ve seen and which you haven’t. Netflix also uses technology to recommend movies to you, based on previous rentals and preferences. Overall, it’s a great movie watching experience.
- Netflix tools and apps make it easy to stay connected. Netflix offers apps for a variety of electronic gadgets, so you can almost always find a way to connect to your Netflix account. You can even stream Netflix on your iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
Watch Netflix Instantly
Netflix is easy to use – simply open a Netflix account and start watching movies (see the Netflix free trial offer to get a free month of service).
I know that sounds too easy, doesn’t it? Like I missed a step? Well, that depends on which plan you choose and your home entertainment setup. But if you have the ability to stream video through your computer or TV, then all you need to do is sign up for a streaming video plan and start watching.
This graphic shows how Netflix streaming video works:
Streaming video works best if you have a fast Internet connection. Of course, you don’t need an Internet connection at all to enjoy Netflix, but most plans come with unlimited online streaming, so the fast Internet connection gives you an additional option for watching movies.
Netflix Price Plans
There are several Netflix plans available to customers. The first is the base plan, which comes in at $7.99 per month offers unlimited online video streaming, but no DVDs delivered to your door. For an additional $2 per month, or a total of $9.99, you can get unlimited streaming video, plus an unlimited number of DVDs delivered to your door – but only 1 DVD at a time. So, assuming 1 or 2 days transit time each way for processing, and you could expect to be able to watch at least 4 or 5 DVDs per month, plus the unlimited streaming. Here are the prices:
- Streaming Video option: $7.99 – Unlimited streaming video, no DVDs
- DVD by mail option: $7.99, $11.99, $15.99 – Unlimited DVDs (1, 2, or 3 DVDs at a time)
The unlimited streaming video option is the most popular plan, and it features over 20,000 titles for movies, TV shows, and documentaries, with more being added on a regular basis.
The DVD by mail option is also popular, with over 100,000 titles (with more being added regularly). Shipping the DVDs will never cost you anything and there are no late fees associated with the plan – keep the movie as long as you like. All DVDs are delivered to your door free of charge and come with a postage prepaid envelope to return to Netflix.
Netflix coupon code
You can try Netflix free today – simply click the banner below and sign up for a free one month trial.
Do you use Netflix? Would you recommend it?