Military members make daily sacrifices to secure the freedom that many of us take for granted.
Sometimes a simple “thank you” doesn’t seem like enough to properly thank all military members for their service on our behalf.
Perhaps this is why thousands of stores around the nation offer military discounts to active service members, retirees, veterans, and in some cases, their family members.
We have done our best to verify each offer on this list of military discounts.
We are consistently updating our Veterans Day Discounts and Freebies list here also.
Please help share this list with other military members and veterans who may be able to use these discounts.
Featured Year-Round Veterans Discounts
Bass Pro Shop Military Discount
5% off for military and veterans daily, both in-store and online. Bass Pro Shops will be increasing their military discount to 10% for Veterans Day, running from 11/10 - 11/13. Verification process is available on Bass Pro Shop's Website and over the phone. The discount now also applies to firearms and ammunition purchases, and can be combined with other sales and promotions for even more savings. More info.
Dell Computers Military Discount
Save an additional 15% off on Dell’s PCs, tablets, and electronics. Dell typically offers a 10% military discount. Visit the site to learn more.
Home Depot Military discount
The 10% military discount is available every day for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans. The Home Depot® makes this offer available to all veterans on major military holidays, including Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and the 4th of July. Home Depot is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans, and their families (with ID card) a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veteran's Day. Some limitations may apply.
With the holidays around the corner, InterContinental Hotel Group is proud to offer a 5% discount to military servicemembers, veterans, and their families. IHG is one of the largest hotel chains in the world, with more than 6,000 hotel properties from brands including Holiday Inn, Candlewood Suites, Staybridge Suites, Hotel Indigo, and more.
Lowe’s Military Discount
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. will offer all active, reserve, honorably discharged, retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store U.S. purchases made during the Veterans Day holiday. The discount is available on in-stock and special order purchases up to $5,000. To qualify, individuals must present a valid military ID or other proof of service. Excluded from the discount are sales via Lowes.com, previous sales, and purchases of services or gift cards. Lowe's offers this discount daily to active duty military members and veterans. Lowes.com – Find Exclusive Discounts
Oakley Military Discount
This Veterans Day, Oakley is offering 45% off Standard Issue Sunglasses plus free shipping.
Samsung Military Discount
Save as much as 30% when shopping Samsung.com. Samsung provides discounts to active military personnel in all branches of the service, their families and veterans. Sign up to receive military discounts on phones, electronics, and more. The deals will be listed on the Samsung Military Discount page. Military members and veterans must register with Samsung’s Military Discount Program to take advantage of these offers.
Under Armour Military Discount
Under Armour® proudly offers 20% off all purchases for all Active Duty Service Members, Retirees, Veterans, Military Spouses, Military Family Members. Just choose Military and First Responder Discount at checkout. More info. Under Armour Military Discount - See Available Deals
Verizon Wireless Military Discount
We're proud to always offer military and veterans everything from special discounts to employment opportunities. Use ID.me to confirm your eligibility. Save up to $25/mo on our best Unlimited plans. Visit the Verizon Wireless website for more information.
YETI Military Discount
YETI is proud to offer a 20% discount for military, first responders, nurses, and government employees through ID.me.
You can share them via Facebook, Twitter, E-mail, or word of mouth.
General Rules About Military Discounts:
Here are some general rules of thumb regarding military discounts:
- Most military discounts aren’t publicized – it never hurts to ask. Read these tips on how to get a military discount.
- Most military discounts are only available to current military members. Some military discounts are available to all veterans, but in general, most discounts are for actively serving military members (some military discounts are extended to all veterans around major military holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July or Veteran’s Day).
- Valid ID usually required. Most military discounts only apply if you have a valid ID – usually a current Military ID Card or a retiree card.
- Other forms of ID may be acceptable. Commonly used ID cards and proof of military service include: VA health care card, VA issued ID Card, state drivers license with a veterans designation, a Veterans Organization Card (e.g., DAV, American Legion, VFW, etc.), DD214, discharge paperwork, or other form of identification may work for some military discounts, particularly those around the major military holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July or Veteran’s Day).
- Many military discounts vary by location. Many franchises leave discounts at the discretion of the owner.
- Military discounts are not always the best offer. You may be able to find better deals by shopping around (airlines, hotels, and travel are good examples of times when shopping around may lead to bigger savings).
- Many hotel chains will match max per diem rates for your area. Always ask.
- Military discounts are a blessing, not a right. Discounts are offered out of kindness and respect for your service. Please don’t take issue if you don’t receive a discount.
For veterans of Iraq or Afghanistan, please check out IAVA. Members there are offered vouchers to many retail stores, such as JC Penney.
Military Discounts and Special Offers
Additions or suggestions? Please contact us if you know of additional stores which offer military discounts. Please send a link to the store or discount so that we may share it with everyone. If you are a company representative, please send an e-mail from your company e-mail address so we can verify the offer. Please indicate if the military discount is an ongoing offer, or for a special event such as Memorial Day or Veteran’s Day (see our list of Veteran’s Day Discounts for specific offers).
Military Discounts – Retail Locations
Cars, Trucks, and Other Vehicles
Most major car manufacturers offer military discounts for new car purchases (however, there are some exceptions for some luxury car brands).
Here is the full list of new car military discounts or you can see the table below for an overview (the article offers more specific details, including how to apply for the new car discounts).
|Manufacturer||Military Discount||Dealer Website|
|Acura||$750 Rebate||Visit Website|
|BMW||Up to $2,000 off Eligible Models||Visit Website|
|Chrysler||$500 off Eligible Models||Visit Website|
|Dodge||$500 off Eligible Models||Visit Website|
|Ford - Lincoln||$500 off Eligible Models||Visit Website|
|GM (Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC)||Varies by Model||Visit Website|
|Honda||$500 off Eligible Models||Visit Website|
|Hyundai||$500 off Eligible Models||Visit Website|
|Jeep||$500 off Eligible Models||Visit Website|
|Kia||$400 off Eligible Models||Visit Website|
|Mazda||$500 off Eligible Models||Visit Website|
|Nissan||Up to $1,000 off Eligible Models||Visit Website|
|Subaru||$500 off Eligible Models||Visit Website|
|Toyota||$500 off Eligible Models||Visit Website|
|Volkswagen||$500 off Eligible Models||Visit Website|
|Volvo||Up to $500 off Eligible Models||Visit Website|
Some of the more popular programs include the General Motors Military Discount Program, and those from Ford, Honda, and Toyota.
Cell Phone Plans:
Most major cell phone companies offer military discounts. Check out our list of military discounts on cell phone plans for more information. Or see our individual reviews for more details:
- AT&T Military Discount
- Sprint Military Discount
- T-Mobile Military Discount
- U.S. Cellular Military Discounts
- Verizon Wireless Military Discount
Clothing & Accessories
- Kohl’s Military Monday’s – active military, veterans, retirees and their immediate family members a 15% discount on purchases made on Mondays, in-store only.
- Oakley Sunglasses: Oakley Standard Issue offers discounts for military members and first responders.
- Under Armour – 10% off for Veterans, Service Members, and First Responders
- Lululemon – No active discount, check back for updates.
Computers & Electronics
- Apple Computers – save 10%
- Dell Military Discount – save 10%
- Microsoft Military Discount. Save big on Microsoft Office, as well as other Microsoft products.
Many barbershops and salons offer military discounts.
- Great Clips – everyday discount for military and first responders; free haircut for military members and veterans on Veterans Day.
- Sports Clips – free haircut for military members and veterans on Veterans Day.
Home Improvement Stores
- Zales – get up to 10% off some of the nation’s best jewelry and diamonds
- BJ’s Wholesale Club – discount for new members.
- Costco also offers military discounts for new members.
- Sam’s Club offers a membership discount for military members.
Travel Discounts & Discounts on Hotels &Flights
Traveling can be expensive. Thankfully there are a few good ways to save money. Many companies and locations offer military discounts. We have an in-depth article that discusses how and where military members and veterans can find travel discounts.
- Where to find Military & Veteran Travel Discounts. Tips on how to save money on your travels.
- You can also opt to fly Space-A travel, in which you fly on a space available basis on a military aircraft. There are certain rules surrounding Space-A travel, including eligibility, locations, and more.
Hotels & Resorts
Military Hotels and Resorts:
- Hale Koa Resort – Oahu, Hawaii. The Hale Koa is a military-only resort located on Waikiki Beach in Honolulu, HI.
- Shades of Green Resort at Disney – Military only resort located at Disney World, in Orlando, FL.
- Armed Forces Vacation Club discounts. Discounted resort stays at locations around the world.
- Red Roof Inns: Red Roof Inns offers several ways to save. 10% discounts for military, family members, and government employees under certain circumstances. Save up to 20% Off year-round with Veterans Advantage membership. Learn More at the Red Roof Inn Military Page.
- Other Hotel Discounts: Many hotel chains will match max per diem rates for your area. Always ask.
- Sandals Resorts – Get discounts on all five of the brands under the Sandals Resorts name
- Great Wolf Lodge – If you’re looking for a fun-filled, wildlife experience in a hotel, this is it.
- Motel 6 – An affordable lodging option made even cheaper for military members.
Try some of the following discounted travel outlets when making your next travel reservations. The following websites offer discounts on hotels, airlines, rental cars, and vacation package deals:
- Expedia. Here’s a little more detail if you want to read up on the Expedia discounts.
Military Discounts at Parks & Entertainment
Popular amusement parks such as Disney World, Sea World, Knott’s Farm, Universal Studios, and Anheuser-Busch offer discounts or even free admission to eligible military members. Find more info on the park’s websites or in the following links:
- Disney World Military Discounts. Get discounted park hopper passes to Disney World.
- Legoland offers military discounts.
- Seaworld Waves of Honor. Free park admission for active duty members, and discounted tickets for veterans. Discounts may vary by park & location.
Military Discounts at Restaurants
Please note that many of these restaurants may be franchises, and these offers may not be available at all locations. When in doubt, please ask politely!
Also, please note that some of these restaurants may only offer military discounts at certain times. For example, many of them offer a free meal on Veterans Day or Memorial Day, but may not offer a discount at other times of the year. Call ahead to verify, or ask at the restaurant.
- Applebee’s – free meal on Veterans Day
- Bob Evans – free meal on Veterans Day
- Buffalo Wild Wings – free meal on Veterans Day
- California Pizza Kitchen – free meal on Veterans Day
- Chili’s – free meal on Veterans Day
- Chipotle – free meal on Veterans Day
- Chuck E. Cheese’s – Year-round discount, plus a free meal on Veterans Day.
- Denny’s – free meal on Veterans Day
- Dunkin Donuts – at participating locations
- Golden Corral – free meal on Veterans Day
- Hooters – free meal on Veterans Day
- IHOP – free meal on Veterans Day
- Little Caesar’s Pizza – free meal on Veterans Day
- McCormick & Schmick’s – free meal on Veterans Day
- McDonald’s – at participating locations
- Noodles & Co. – 15% discount every day for first responders, active military, and military veterans with ID.
- O’Charley’s – free meal on Veterans Day
- Olive Garden – free meal on Veterans Day
- Outback – free meal on Veterans Day
- Red Lobster – free meal on Veterans Day
- Red Robin – free meal on Veterans Day
- Shoney’s – free meal on Veterans Day
- Subway – at participating locations
Military Offers & Discounts on Financial Products & Services
There are many military financial institutions and companies that offer discounts on financial products and services. Here is a list of our top-rated military banks and credit unions. Check with these companies if you are searching for a new bank or other financial product.
Military Members File Taxes for Free!
Freebies and Sign up Bonuses
A little free money never hurt anyone! Try some of these discounts and freebies for a little extra spending money!
- Up to $300 from Chase Bank.
- $10 Ebates Bonus (Ebates Review).
- Bank Bonuses – earn several hundred dollars for opening a new bank account.
Discounts Related to Military & Veterans Benefits
Two of the most valuable military and veterans benefits are the GI Bill and the VA Loan. Many companies offer military discounts on education or VA Loans.
You’ve earned your education benefits so use them and increase your earning power!
VA Loan Information
A VA Loan is one of the best ways for a military veteran to afford a house. Be sure to get the right information before applying for your VA Loan!
- VA Loan Rates for Purchases and Refinancing. VA Loans may have lower interest rates than conventional mortgages. Use the tool on our site to compare interest rates from several different lenders.
- Find the best VA Loan Companies to compare rates.
Check for updates!
Be sure to check back often! I will try to make new listings as new deals become available. Be sure to spread the word. Your family members and squadron members will thank you!
About the comments on this site:
These responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Ricky Dyer says
Thank you,for taking care of the military personel. There are a lot of company that will not even think about a discount for the military.
George Anton says
George Anton How do I get discount at Home Depot.
Brittany Crocker says
Hey George, have you downloaded the Home Depot mobile app yet?
Terry Tate says
Ryan we would love to know how we can bill our dream house, on our property and save money, invest, open a personal Capital Account. Would you reach out and help us, it will be very appreciated. Thank You the Tate family.
William Cudmore says
How do me and my family get these discount
Load More Comments