Applebee’s nationwide chain of restaurants has 2,000 locations nationwide.
We are working on validating Veterans Day discounts for 2024. Below is information on last year’s Veterans Day discount.
They have been generous over the years offering a free meal to military personnel and veterans every Veterans Day for the past several years.
Although the corporation has sold its remaining company-owned restaurants to franchise owners, it appears the Veterans Day discount is still in effect.
To receive a free entree on Veterans Day show proof of military service to your server.
Be aware that franchise restaurant policies can vary by location, even when among the same brand, so discounts may vary in some cases. For example, Applebee’s franchise locations that are owned and operated by Doherty Enterprises pre-sold $4 10-ounce Sam Adams mugs until Veterans Day. On Veterans Day mug purchasers were able to come in for a free beer at one of Doherty’s 90 restaurant locations in New York, New Jersey, Florida and Georgia.
Call your local restaurant ahead of time to confirm Veterans Day offers in your area.
Gain Access to Hundreds of Verified Military Discounts!Find Military Discounts →
Bring Your Proof of Military Service
If your local Applebee’s restaurant is participating in Veterans Day, you can make things easier on yourself and on the restaurant’s staff by bringing easy-to-identify proof of military service.
- Your uniformed services ID card.
- A uniformed service retired ID card.
- Your current leave and earnings statement (LES).
- A membership card from a veterans organization like the American Legion or Veterans of Foreign Wars.
- Your DD Form 214 (the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty).
Once a staff member verifies your proof of service, you can choose an item from Applebee’s special Veterans Day menu.
Some Restrictions May Apply
To help deal with the large volume of customers, Applebee’s restaurants that participate in the Veteran’s Day promotion may offer a special menu of free entrees.
Some limitations apply:
- Beverages are not included with free meals, so if you’re drinking something other than water, bring some money for drinks.
- Gratuity is not included. Bring some tip money to show your appreciation to the restaurant’s wait staff. If you’re accustomed to tipping based on the amount of your ticket, keep in mind what the meal would have normally cost and tip based on that amount.
- There’s a one-meal limit for each veteran or active-duty military member per year.
- You can’t combine the Veterans Day offer with other promotions such as drink coupons or other percentage discounts on the entire price of your ticket.
- The Veterans Day menu can vary from location to location.
- Only military members or veterans can eat for free. Family members and others must pay full price.
- This special is usually available for dine-in patrons only. Call your local Applebee’s to see what their to-go policy is.
What’s on the Special Menu
Applebee’s franchise locations have not released a collective promotional Veterans Day menu this year. You can check the company’s website for updates or call your local store for details in the week leading up to Veterans Day.
You can also check last year’s menu to get an idea about the store’s free meals. Last year’s menu included seven entrees:
- Butcher’s Meat and Potatoes
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Fiesta Lime Chicken
- Double Crunch Shrimp
- American Standard Burger
- Chicken Tenders Platter
- Three Cheese Chicken Cavatappi
There’s no limit on what you can buy from the normal menu while you’re dining out. You can supplement your free meal with an extra appetizer, drink, or dessert.
Enjoy Your Veterans Day Discounts
Veterans Day provides businesses with an awesome opportunity to thank our nation’s veterans and increase business. For veterans and military members, it’s an opportunity to enjoy a free meal at a restaurant like Applebee’s.