Do you love writing? Do you love helping the military community?
If you answered yes to these questions, then read on!
We are searching for one or more experienced Freelance Writers to write articles for our website, The Military Wallet – https://themilitarywallet.com/
This is an opportunity to write for a publication regularly read by over 100,000 military members, veterans, and their families.
We are looking for expert writers covering topics such as:
- Military Pay & Benefits
- Veterans Benefits
- Military Career & Transition
- Military Lifestyle
- Military Discounts, and
- Money Management topics.
(You don’t have to be an expert in all of these to apply, but it’s helpful if you have familiarity with one or more of these topics!).
Freelance Writer Responsibilities:
The Freelance Writer’s responsibilities include creating and submitting blog post content using the Writer’s Style Guide (to be provided by the client) and, if applicable, the blog post outline provided by the client. This position also requires collaborating with the Editorial Content Manager on any changes or edits as needed.
- Creating blog post content in accordance with the provided Writer’s Style Guide.
- Communicating with the site editor and/or client as required for assignment completion.
- Informing the site editor and/or client of assignment-related difficulties as they are detected.
- Ensuring that blog posts are properly researched and cited.
- Maintaining originality in your work.
- Proofreading your assignments to detect and correct errors prior to submitting them.
- Submitting completed works via the requisite channels.
- Submitting invoices in a timely manner as required by the client.
Freelance Writer Requirements:
To ensure success as a Freelance Writer for The Military Wallet, you should be accustomed to working with Google Drive, Asana, and WordPress. Additionally, an outstanding Freelance Writer will have familiarity with military & veterans benefits topics.
- Prior freelance writing and blog writing experience.
- Examples of previously published work.
- Own personal or laptop computer.
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Asana, and WordPress (preferred).
- Familiarity with Military & Veterans Benefits topics, Military Lifestyle Topics, and/or Money Management Topics.
- Ability to follow instructions, templates, and style guides provided by the client.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Capacity to work with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, disciplined approach to work.
- Competitive freelance rates
- Consistent workload every week (we are looking to hire someone who can write at least one article per week).
- Flexible deadlines
- Stable work as part of a high performing team
- Author byline