Editorial Note: We may earn a commission through links from our partners. American Express is an advertiser on The Military Wallet. Commissions do not affect our editors’ opinions or evaluations. Terms Apply to American Express benefits and offers.
When used strategically and paid in full each month, credit cards can be a great way to earn valuable rewards, avoid currency transaction fees, and add consumer protections to your purchases.
View the simple application process here to take advantage of the Platinum Card benefits today.
American Express Platinum Card Benefits and Rewards
- Introductory Offer:
- Earn 5x points on airfare. You can book directly with your favorite airline, or on amextravel.com – up to $500,000 per calendar year.
- Earn an additional 5x points earned on prepaid hotels at amextravel.com
- Frequent travelers can receive a $200 statement credit per calendar year to pay for eligible prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® and The Hotel Collection bookings made through American Express Travel. Required minimun two-night stay.
- Earn $240 in digital entertainment credits which add up to $20 back in monthly statement credits when you use your Platinum card on one or more of the following: Disney+, a Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, The New York Times, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The Wall Street Journal. Enrollment required.
- Earn $200 in Uber Cash: Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides, enrollment required, available to Basic Card Member only.
- Earn a $200 Airline Fee Credit up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at qualifying airlines when charged on your Platinum Card.
- A $189 CLEAR Credit, which helps you breeze through security with CLEAR Plus at 100+ airports, stadiums, and entertainment venues nationwide and get up to $189 back per calendar year on your Membership (subject to auto-renewal) when you use your Platinum Card. Learn more.
- Receive a $155 Walmart+ statement credit which covers the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership (subject to auto-renewal) after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Enrollment required, cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax, and Plus Up Benefits are excluded.
- $100 annual credit at Saks Fifth Avenue stores or at saks.com on your Platinum Card. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- See Rates and Fees; terms apply (enrollment required for some benefits).
How to Apply for The Platinum Card® from American Express
To apply for an American Express Platinum Card, first click here or follow the link below and hit “Apply Now.”
Next, choose a card design from the listed options and enter your personal information, including your name, social security and annual income.
Continue to the next page to read the credit card’s terms and conditions, then submit your application. Once approved, you can accept the card and begin earning rewards.
The Platinum Card from American Express offers premier travel benefits, including airport lounge access, a welcome bonus, recurring annual benefits, and more. If you’re looking for a credit card like this, click the link to get started below.
The Military Wallet has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. The Military Wallet and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on The Military Wallet are from advertisers. Compensation may impact how and where card products appear, but does not affect our editors’ opinions or evaluations. The Military Wallet does not include all card companies or all available card offers.