Editorial Note: We may earn a commission through links from our partners. American Express is an advertiser on The Military Wallet. Commissions do not affect our editors’ opinions or evaluations. Terms Apply to American Express benefits and offers.
When used strategically and paid in full each month, credit cards can be a great way to earn valuable rewards, avoid currency transaction fees, and add consumer protections to your purchases.
With a list of perks that perhaps no other card can match, deserves a place in your wallet. You can enjoy a little VIP treatment and a host of travel benefits with this as your primary card.
View the simple application process here to take advantage of the Platinum Card benefits today.
American Express Platinum Card Benefits and Rewards
- Introductory Offer:
- Earn 5x points on airfare. You can book directly with your favorite airline, or on amextravel.com – up to $500,000 per calendar year.
- Earn an additional 5x points earned on prepaid hotels at amextravel.com
- Frequent travelers can receive a $200 statement credit per calendar year to pay for eligible prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® and The Hotel Collection bookings made through American Express Travel. Required minimun two-night stay.
- Earn $240 in digital entertainment credits (which add up to $20 in monthly statement credits when you use your Platinum card when you pay to enroll in streaming and news services such as Peacock, Audible, Sirius and the New York Times). Enrollment required.
- Earn $200 in Uber Cash: Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides, enrollment required.
- Earn a $200 Airline Fee Credit (up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at qualifying airlines).
- A $189 CLEAR Credit, which helps you speed through airport security on your way to your free access to 40+ Centurion Lounges and 1,200+ Priority Pass airport lounges. All with no foreign transaction fees charged while you’re out of the country.
- Receive a $155 Walmart+ statement credit when you purchase a monthly Walmart+ membership with your Platinum Card). Enrollment required.
- $100 annual credit at Saks Fifth Avenue.
- See Rates and Fees; terms apply (enrollment required for some benefits).
How to Apply for The Platinum Card® from American Express
To apply for an American Express Platinum Card, first click here or follow the link below and hit “Apply Now.”
Next, choose a card design from the listed options and enter your personal information, including your name, social security and annual income.
Continue to the next page to read the credit card’s terms and conditions, then submit your application. Once approved, you can accept the card and begin earning rewards.
The Platinum Card from American Express offers premier travel benefits, including airport lounge access, a welcome bonus, recurring annual benefits, and more. If you’re looking for a credit card like this, click the link to get started below.
To see rates and fees for card_name, please visit this link.
The Military Wallet has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. The Military Wallet and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on The Military Wallet are from advertisers. Compensation may impact how and where card products appear, but does not affect our editors’ opinions or evaluations. The Military Wallet does not include all card companies or all available card offers.