It has become popular over the last few years for restaurants to offer free meals on Veterans Day. But Golden Corral has one of the longest-running military appreciation events among national restaurants. This is the 19th consecutive year that Golden Corral has provided a free buffet meal and drink to current military members and veterans.
The 19th annual Golden Corral Military Appreciation Monday event is scheduled for Monday, November 11, 2019, from 5 pm to 9 pm.
Military Appreciation Monday is offered to anyone who has ever served in the US armed forces. In the past the only requirement to receive the free meal was to inform the restaurant you are a veteran.
Golden Corral usually goes by the honor system, and no proof of service is required. That being said – please don’t abuse the system. Claiming you are a veteran just for a free meal is an insult to those who have served our country.
Golden Corral Free Meal for Military Veterans FAQ’s
- Any person who has is currently serving or who has served in the US Military (retirees, veterans, active duty, National Guard or Reserves).
Are Family Members Eligible?
- Everyone is welcome to attend Military Appreciation Monday. However, the free meals are only for the member who served. Many people choose to celebrate with their friends, family, and fellow serivcemembers and veterans.
Other important information:
- Dine-in only; no rain checks.
Here is more information about proving your military service:
- How to prove your military service.
- How to get a military ID
- How to get a VA ID card.
- State ID cards with Veterans Designation
- How to get a replacement DD 214
These forms of ID are usually acceptable for most restaurants or Veterans Day offers. Many other places will accept a membership card from the VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of American, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, or another veterans service organization. A photo of your time in the service may also be sufficient proof of service, depending on the location.
Golden Corral Military Appreciation Monday Facts
Golden Corral has been a wonderful supporter of the military community – providing millions of free meals to veterans and servicemembers, and contributing millions of dollars to support veteran organizations. Here are a few amazing facts about Golden Corrals’ support:
- In 2013, Golden Corral provided over 433,500 free meals for veterans and active duty service members. Guests and restaurants combined to contribute over $1,409,000 for the Disabled American Veterans organization. These funds are used to assist disabled veterans.
- To date, Golden Corral has given veterans and active duty servicemembers over 5.4 million free dinners to veterans and contributed over $15 million to the Disabled American Veterans organization.
I would like to extend my thanks to the folks at Golden Corral for making this possible, and to all Americans who have served – thank you for your service!
For more details, visit Golden Corral’s website.
More Veterans Day Discounts & Offers:
More Restaurants offering Free meals on Veterans Day include Applebee’s, Bob Evans, Chili’s, Little Caesar’s, McCormick & Schmick’s, Red Robin, Ruby Tuesday, Texas Roadhouse, and many others. Visit our Mega-list of Restaurants offering free meals on Veterans Day for more information!
- Veterans Day Activities, Events, & Attractions.
- Veterans Day Retail Discounts & Special Offers.
- Other military discounts.
- Military Travel Discounts.