It has become popular over the last few years for restaurants to offer free meals on Veterans Day. But Golden Corral has one of the longest-running military appreciation events among national restaurants. This is the 20th consecutive year that Golden Corral has provided a free buffet meal and drink to current military members and veterans.
The 20th annual Golden Corral Military Appreciation Night has changed from previous years. Due to the pandemic and capacity limitations, Golden Corral is celebrating the Military Appreciation Event November 1, 2020 – May 31, 2021.
To participate, you need to stop by Golden Corral during the month of November to request a FREE “Thank You” Meal promotional card. These cards will be given away while supplies last and can be redeemed from November 1, 2020 – May 31, 2021, for Dine-in Only, Monday-Thursday. Limit one free meal per person while supplies last. More info.
Military Appreciation Night is offered to anyone who has ever served in the US armed forces. In the past the only requirement to receive the free meal was to inform the restaurant you are a veteran.
Golden Corral usually goes by the honor system, and no proof of service is required. That being said – please don’t abuse the system. Claiming you are a veteran just for a free meal is an insult to those who have served our country.
Golden Corral Free Meal for Military Veterans FAQ’s
- Any person who has is currently serving or who has served in the US Military (retirees, veterans, active duty, National Guard or Reserves).
Are Family Members Eligible?
- Everyone is welcome to attend Military Appreciation Night. However, the free meals are only for the member who served. Many people choose to celebrate with their friends, family, and fellow serivcemembers and veterans.
Other important information:
- Dine-in only; no rainchecks.
- Call ahead: Some locations may have limited availability or local restrictions may prevent some locations from participating.
Here is more information about proving your military service:
- How to prove your military service.
- How to get a military ID
- How to get a VA ID card.
- State ID cards with Veterans Designation
- How to get a replacement DD 214
These forms of ID are usually acceptable for most restaurants or Veterans Day offers. Many other places will accept a membership card from the VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of American, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, or another veterans service organization. A photo of your time in the service may also be sufficient proof of service, depending on the location.
Golden Corral Military Appreciation Night Facts
Golden Corral has been a wonderful supporter of the military community – providing millions of free meals to veterans and servicemembers, and contributing millions of dollars to support veteran organizations. Here are a few amazing facts about Golden Corrals’ support:
- Last year, Golden Corral provided over 300,000 free meals for veterans and active duty service members. Guests and restaurants combined to contribute over $1.3 million to support local initiatives for veterans.
- To date, Golden Corral has given veterans and active duty servicemembers nearly 6 million free dinners to veterans and contributed over $16 million to the Disabled American Veterans organization.
I would like to extend my thanks to the folks at Golden Corral for making this possible, and to all Americans who have served – thank you for your service!
More Veterans Day Discounts & Offers:
More Restaurants offering Free meals on Veterans Day include Applebee’s, Bob Evans, Chili’s, Little Caesar’s, McCormick & Schmick’s, Red Robin, Ruby Tuesday, Texas Roadhouse, and many others. Visit our Mega-list of Restaurants offering free meals on Veterans Day for more information!