Over the last few years, more restaurants have started offering free meals on Veterans Day. But Golden Corral has one of the longest-running military appreciation events among national restaurants. This is the 21st consecutive year that Golden Corral has provided a free buffet meal and drink to current veterans and current members of the military – including active-duty service members, reservists and National Guardsmen.
Golden Corral is celebrating Military Appreciation Night on Nov. 11, 2021 from 5 to 9 p.m. Visit Golden Corral’s website for more info.
Military Appreciation Night is open to anyone who has ever served in the U.S. armed forces. In the past the only requirement to receive the free meal was to tell the restaurant that you are a veteran.
Golden Corral usually goes by the honor system, and no proof of service is required. That being said – please don’t abuse the system. Claiming you are a veteran just for a free meal is an insult to those who have served our country.
Golden Corral Free Meal for Military Veterans FAQ’s
- Any person who has is currently serving or who has served in the US Military (retirees, veterans, active duty, National Guard or Reserves).
Are Family Members Eligible?
- Everyone is welcome to attend Military Appreciation Night. However, the free meals are only for the member who served. Many people choose to celebrate with their friends, family, and fellow serivcemembers and veterans.
Other important information:
- Dine-in only; no rainchecks.
- Call ahead: Some locations may have limited availability or local restrictions may prevent some locations from participating.
Here is more information about proving your military service:
- How to prove your military service.
- How to get a military ID
- How to get a VA ID card.
- State ID cards with Veterans Designation
- How to get a replacement DD 214
These forms of ID are usually acceptable for most restaurants or Veterans Day offers. Many other places will accept a membership card from the VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of American, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, or another veterans service organization. A photo of your time in the service may also be sufficient proof of service, depending on the location.
Golden Corral Military Appreciation Night Facts
Golden Corral has been a wonderful supporter of the military community – providing millions of free meals to veterans and service members, and contributing millions of dollars to support veteran organizations. Here are a few amazing facts about Golden Corrals’ support:
- In 2019, Golden Corral provided over 300,000 free meals for veterans and active duty service members. Guests and restaurants combined to contribute over $1.3 million to support local initiatives for veterans.
- In recent years, Golden Corral has given veterans and active duty servicemembers nearly 6 million free dinners to veterans and contributed over $16 million to the Disabled American Veterans organization.
I would like to extend my thanks to the folks at Golden Corral for making this possible, and to all Americans who have served – thank you for your service!
For more details, visit Golden Corral’s website.
More Veterans Day Discounts & Offers:
More Restaurants offering Free meals on Veterans Day include Applebee’s, Bob Evans, Chili’s, Little Caesar’s, McCormick & Schmick’s, Red Robin, Ruby Tuesday, Texas Roadhouse, and many others. Visit our Mega-list of Restaurants offering free meals on Veterans Day for more information!