If you’re active-duty military or a veteran, discounts are available to you on Veterans Day.
On Nov. 11, businesses are honoring our nation’s heroes, offering food and product discounts and free meals.
One restaurant offering a free meal to veterans is Chili’s. Chili’s curates a special menu for veterans, who eat free at participating locations in the U.S.
Chili’s Veterans Day Deal
Chili’s special offers a free meal from a special menu on Veterans Day.
The Chili’s special Veterans Day menu for 2022 is:
- Chicken Crispers
- Margarita Grilled Chicken
- Bowl of chili or soup and salad
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas
- Just Bacon Burger
- Oldtimer with Cheese
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
The meal offer is valid for dining at the restaurant only. Carryout meals are full price.
What to Take With You
Check with your local restaurant to make sure they’re participating in the Veterans Day deal before heading out, and bring proof of identity and military service. Acceptable proof includes:
- U.S. Uniformed Services ID Card
- U.S. Uniformed Service Retired ID Card
- A current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
- Veterans ID Card or VA Healthcare ID Card
- A valid veterans’ organization card, such as The American Legion or Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Your DD Form 214, your certificate of release or discharge from active duty
- Driver’s license with veteran’s tag
- Any military citation or commendation earned during service
- A photograph in uniform
- Your uniform (wear it to the restaurant!)
How Chili’s Supports the Military Community
Chili’s does more than offer free meals to say thanks to veterans. The company also supports veterans and military family members through efforts like these:
- Snowball Express: Gary Sinise Foundation Snowball Express serves the children and spouses of fallen military heroes.
- Wreaths Across America: Each December on National Wreaths Across America Day, Wreaths Across America coordinates wreath-laying ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery, as well as at more than 3,400 additional locations in all 50 U.S. states, at sea and abroad.
- Veteran Job Mission: More than 250 companies are part of the Veteran Job Mission coalition, which is committed to hiring one million veterans.
Whether you dine at Chili’s or another restaurant, check out Military Wallet’s guide to all the best Veterans Day dining discounts.