The Veterans Advantage Card Benefits Program is a nationwide benefits program developed in 2001 to provide rewards to the members of those who have served in the United States Military including active military members, retired veterans, members of the National Guard and Reserves, as well as the family members of eligible service personnel.
Over 300 companies and organizations have partnered with the Veterans Advantage program to provide preferred pricing on products and services to show their appreciation of military members. Companies that participate in the program range from a wide spectrum of categories including travel, entertainment, home, office, health, business, and financial. There are also benefits offered by both the federal government and participating state governments.
Veterans Advantage VetRewards Card Benefits Program Review
VetRewards Card Eligibility
There are no limitations on the time period of service, the branch of the military, or the rank of the individual to participate in the program. The Veterans Advantage Program offers benefits nationwide to active members and Veterans based on a membership plan.
You are eligible to participate in the VetRewards Program if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Active Duty or Retiree
- Current or Former Guard or Reserve
- Immediate Family Member of a military member – spouse, father, mother, sister, brother, daughter or son of the current or former servicemember
VetRewards Card Plan Options & Pricing
There is a free Veterans Advantage plan that gives you access to certain military discounts, a jobs & career network, and free Veterans Advantage events.
The paid membership gives you all of the above, plus exclusive VetRewards Deals, a VetRewards ID Card, discounted travel insurance, and VIP member assistance.
Primary Member Plans
- 30-Day Trial – only pay a standard $4.95
- Month-to-Month: $9.99 per month for primary subscriber
- 1 Year: $59.95 — $4.99 average per month paid in full upon enrollment
- 24-month extension: $3.75 average per month paid in full upon enrollment – a 25% savings
- 48-month extension: $2.92 average per month paid in full upon enrollment – a 42% savings
- Visit Veterans Advantage to learn more.
Family Member Plans
You can add up to four family members to your primary member plan at a 50% discount, provided the family members are household dependents and reside at your address.
- 30-Day Trial: $4.95 per family member
- Month-to-Month: $4.99 per month per family member
- 1 Year: $29.97 — 50% off primary member plan
- 24-month extension: average of $1.87 a month paid in full upon enrollment – a 25% savings
- 48-month extension: average of $1.46 a month paid in full upon enrollment – a 42% savings
- Visit Veterans Advantage to learn more.
Interested individuals can also start a 30-day trial membership for just $4.95.
Trial memberships can be canceled at any time. Family members interested in participating can be enrolled for half the price of a regular membership. Gift memberships are also available for purchase.
Veterans Advantage Card Plan Benefits
In addition to the many discounts and preferred pricing options for members, each plan also includes:
- Act now and get your 30-day trial for just $4.95
- Save thousands: Enjoy everyday savings nationwide
- Special Insurance coverage: Up to $55,000 insurance coverage at no extra charge
- Prescription Drug Discounts: up to 65% off medication at no extra charge
- Personal Attention: Toll-free member support number plus online help
Members will receive a Veterans Advantage ID card in the mail accompanied by a benefits booklet that outlines the program’s benefits and lists the many US corporations that participate.
Just some of the national companies include:
- AT&T Wireless
- Verizon Wireless
- Verizon Fios
- Dell Computers
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- JetBlue Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Lufthansa Airlines
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Hertz Rental Car
- Greyhound Buslines
- NY Times – Print or Online
- Diamond Resorts
- Ford Cars & Trucks
- Lincoln Automobiles
State and Federal Benefits
Every state and even some municipalities offer a variety of benefits for program members. There are also federal benefits provided through the card and Veterans Advantage members will receive a compilation of State, Local and Federal Benefits online and sent by e-mail so they can remain informed and up to date.
The program’s website (https://www.veteransadvantage.com/) offers extensive information about the rewards program and provides 24/7 member support services online or by phone.
Each month, a new partnership company is put in the spotlight that showcases the discounts being offered by the many participating retailers and businesses. Additionally, there are various resources, articles, and news topics to benefit Veterans, active members, and family members available on the website. Enrollment in the annual membership or 30-day trial program can be completed online and activated instantaneously.
Is Veterans Advantage Worth It?
The big question you have to ask yourself is whether or not you need to pay for a membership to take advantage of these offers. Some companies currently offer military discounts without membership in the VetRewards Card program. However, not all companies offer military discounts to all military members, past and present, and their family members. In fact, many companies only offer these discounts to current military members with a valid ID.
Add in the fact that Veterans Advantage has negotiated some exclusive discounts, and you can see there is some value in joining this program. The key question that only you can answer is how much you will use this program and if you believe you will get value from it. This will be a personal decision. But at roughly $60 for an annual membership (or $5 a month), it doesn’t take much to recoup your initial membership cost.
This program can have added value, especially since family members can participate. For a few dollars a month, the annual membership can save members on services they normally use and on brand name products they buy.
The 30-day trial membership may be the best resource for determining whether the program is worth the annual fee.