Marine Corps veteran Charley Watkins founded the O’Charley’s restaurant chain, and has carried his legacy forward through several initiatives supporting military members and veterans.
We are working on validating Veterans Day discounts for 2024. Below is information on last year’s Veterans Day discount.
One of these is its annual Veterans Day promotion. Current and former military members can enjoy a special free lunch menu on Friday, Nov. 10 and Saturday, Nov. 11. From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at participating O’Charley’s locations.
The Veterans Day deal is only valid for dine-in and is available during regular business hours on Veterans Day.
Give your local restaurant a call ahead of Veterans Day to find out its Veterans Day operating hours.
Veterans Day Menu
The special Veterans Day lunch menu includes:
- Tenders & Fries — Double hand-breaded Chicken Tenders served with Honey Mustard Dressing and hot, seasoned fries.
- Classic Cheeseburger — Cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and pickles. Served with hot, seasoned fries.
- Honey-Drizzled Southern Fried Chicken — A buttermilk-breaded and fried chicken breast drizzled with honey. Served with mashed sweet potatoes and broccoli.
- Southern Fried Chicken Tender Salad — O’Charley’s Famous Chicken Tenders chopped with tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, hickory-smoked bacon and Cheddar cheese with honey mustard dressing.
- Bayou Shrimp Pasta — Sautéed shrimp with red and green peppers, tomatoes and onions are tossed in our Cajun Alfredo sauce and served with linguini. And to top it all off, there’s shaved parmesan cheese.
- Or, for $10, Veterans can upgrade to the Louisiana Sirloin meal.
Other Ways O’Charley’s Gives Back
Many O’Charley’s restaurants also offer 10% military discount to current and former military members with proof of service.
The home of great food and good times is also continuing its annual “Give $5 Get $5” and all-new “Give $10 Get $15” campaigns to raise money for The Folded Flag Foundation. Through November 12, dine-in guests are being invited to Give $5 or Give $10 to the Folded Flag Foundation and receive a coupon for $5 or $15 off their next in-store meal, respectively. Online guests can choose to Give $5 and receive an immediate $5 off their online purchase. The Give $10 Get $15 offer is only offered in-store.
One hundred percent of all contributions received by the nonprofit Foundation go directly toward educational scholarships and support grants for the families of our country’s service members who gave the ultimate sacrifice. To date, O’Charley’s has raised more than $2M for the Foundation.
Dine-in guests who donate to the Give $5 and Give $10 campaigns are also being invited to fill out a Folded Flag Foundation certificate to honor a veteran in their lives. The special certificates are being displayed within their local O’Charley’s location for the duration of the fundraiser.
Veterans and active-duty, National Guard and reserve service members are eligible for O’Charley’s military discount and Veterans Day deal. However, your discount won’t apply to other family members or non-military guests who dine with you.
O’Charley’s will require proof of service. Commonly accepted documentation includes:
- Military ID Card
- Veterans ID Card
- DD 214
- Driver’s License with Veterans Designation
- Other proof of military service
- Veterans Service Organization Membership Card
Gain Access to Hundreds of Verified Military Discounts!Find Military Discounts →
Other Ways O’Charley’s Supports the Military
In addition to offering military discounts and Veterans Day deals, O’Charleys supports Operation Gratitude, a nonprofit that sends individual care packages to overseas service members.
The restaurant chain is also a corporate sponsor for The Folded Flag Foundation, which provides scholarships and grants to spouses and children of fallen military members.
Enjoy Your Veterans Day Discounts
We’ve also rounded up this list of attractions and events offering Veterans Day discounts.