If you’re an active-duty military member or veteran and are looking to stay at a Sandals Resort, make sure you get any discounts available to you.
- Police officer?
- FEMA personnel?
You may have access, too. Let’s discuss the Sandals Resort discounts, one of many popular military discounts.
Sandals Company History
Sandals Resort International started off with a single resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica in 1981.
It was founded by Gordon Stewart. The second Sandals-owned property came into existence in 1985.
It was originally known as Carlyle and is now known as Sandals Inn. Ever since then almost every year a new property has been added to the Sandals bouquet, with the most recent being the Sandals Royal Barbados that was opened in 2017.
Currently, Sandals owns and operates five separate brands with 24 properties spread across seven countries, including:
- The Bahamas
- Saint Lucia, and
- Turks and Caicos
The Five Brands
- The flagship Sandals brand, which includes 15 luxury resorts.
- The Beaches brand, which was first opened in 1997.
- The Grand Pineapple Beach Resort brand, which was launched in 2008.
- The Fowl Cay Resort brand, which offers beachside villas.
- The Your Jamaican Villas brand, which is a collection of four beachfront homes spread across Jamaica.
Sandals also has a philanthropic arm called The Sandals Foundation. It’s an independent non-profit organization and works with communities that live near the various Sandals properties, civic leaders, employees and others.
The programs that the Foundation works on focus on areas such as education, environment, and community.
Sustainability is one of the key focus areas. Sandals Resort International tries to minimize the environmental impact and the social impact brought on during day-to-day operations of its properties.
As part of this impact minimization practice, all Sandals properties ensure water is conserved and not wasted, energy usage is managed efficiently and waste disposal and hazardous substances are handled with care as well.
It also runs the Sandals Corporate University, which is an adult education initiative for the thousands of employees across the 24 properties.
Sandals Military Discount Policy
Sandals Resort International offers a 10% discount all through the year to firefighters, active duty and retired military personnel, members of the police department and members of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
This 10% discount is in addition to any existing promotional deals being offered by Sandals. This discount is applicable for one room per firefighter personnel.
First, you need to book the vacation on a Sandals website, each of its five brands has dedicated websites.
After that, you need to fill out the form here, in which you need to provide information such as booking number, country (the United States or Canada), name, date of birth, a branch of service (FEMA, firefighter, military or police) and submit.
The information you provide will be verified before the discount comes into effect.
Go To Sandals Resorts 10% Discount
Does the Discount Work with Coupon Codes?
The 10% discount works in conjunction with the various resort and vacation packages or promotional offers available on Sandals properties.
Sandals doesn’t appear to have any coupon codes and it’s not clear if the discount will be valid with any external coupon codes.
Who Is Eligible for the Discounts?
- Military: All United States and Canadian military personnel, including active-duty personnel or their spouse, retired members of any of the three branches of the armed forces, military personnel marked as reserves, members of the United States National Guard, veterans, members of the US Department of Defense and members of the Canada Department of National Defense. They will require valid proof of military identification of either the US or Canada or, in the case of US military personnel, a discharge certificate will do as well. This needs to be provided at the time of check–in at the resort.
- Firefighters: All active United States and Canadian firefighters are eligible for this discount. They will need to furnish a valid International Association of Firefighters (IAFF) ID at both, the time of booking and at the time of check-in, at the resort. Note that it’s only for active firefighters and not those who have retired.
- Police: All active United States and Canadian police personnel are eligible for the discount. The one difference for police personnel as compared to their firefighter department and military counterparts is that they will have to send a request in advance to [email protected] along with the booking number provided at the time of booking to get the 10% discount. A valid police ID will need to be furnished at the time of check-in.
- FEMA: All active duty FEMA personnel in the United States are eligible for this discount. As is the case with all others, a valid FEMA ID will have to be furnished while checking into the resort.
Other Ways to Save at Sandals Resort
There are several other ways to save money while booking a stay at one of the Sandals properties.
Firstly, there are various specials or promotional offers. You can check specials for specific resorts as well.
Not only can you book rooms at heavily discounted prices, you also get up to $1,000 of instant credit, which you can use to book rooms later on.
Secondly, you can apply for a Sandals Resorts Visa Signature card, which will help you earn points and save on future bookings.
Thirdly, you can book your flights with Sandals Signature Air and further save money. There’s no booking fee for these flights and you save yourself the hassle of searching for the right flights and connections.
Next, there are the Last Minute Deals. Sandals offers this to fill up gaps in occupancy at some its properties and in the bargain, you get a free night’s stay.
Also, you can combine this with any other promotional offers available at the time of booking. So, you get double savings. If you’re traveling in a large group and plan to book five or more rooms at a Sandals property, then you will get an additional discount of up to 7%.
At the time of writing this, for travel between January 2, 2019 and June 30, 2019, you will get an additional discount of 5%, while for travel July 1 and December 20, 2018, and 2019 and January 2 and December 20, 2020, and 2021 you will get an additional discount of 7%.
You can combine this with the free 6th or free 12th room offer, which essentially gives you the 6th room free if you have already booked five and similarly for the 12th room.
About the comments on this site:
These responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Phil Alter says
When booking at Sandals and/or Beaches resorts, be careful when using a travel agent. I paid the full price thru my travel agent and Sandals gave the discount to the travel agent, not me. Upon arrival at the resort, I provided my proof (DD214) and they said they would process the discount. Unfortunately, the discount (10%) went to the agency that paid them and the agency refused to provide the discount back to me. Book directly with Sandals/Beaches or ask your travel agent how the discount will be handled.