Table of Contents
Military veterans and their family members often have unique needs and experiences, which makes the holidays a great opportunity to give them meaningful gifts. We have a list of Christmas gift ideas for veterans.
But we also wanted to bring you something special. This holiday season, tackle your shopping list and support the military community simultaneously by purchasing gifts from veteran and military spouse- owned businesses.
Shop Veteran-Owned on Small Business Saturday
From handmade ornaments to coffee, BBQ sauce with a kick and gorgeous accessories, the military entrepreneurial community is thriving. So even if this year’s holiday festivities will look much different than in past years, you can rest easy knowing you’re helping support the military community with these fabulous finds.
Gift Guide for the Home
- Brave American is a Michigan-based company that specializes in all things patriotic. They pride themselves on their wooden American flag coin holder which is ideal for displaying challenge coins. Their wooden and metal décor are proudly made by veterans. This is a great way to show off all those coins that have been scattered in the bottom of your old footlocker!
- The Inside Story is a veteran-owned book shop in Hoschton, Georgia. This self-described “mom and pop bookstore” invites you to visit in-person to explore their variety of book titles and offers a full-service coffee shop. You can also shop online for a book or gift item.
- Love and Lettering by Katie: Every military family knows that the quickest way to make a house feel like a home is with great decor. Love and Lettering is owned by an Air Force military spouse and has everything you’ll need to refresh your space.
- Olive Bridge Company: Special events call for special announcements. Whether you’re expecting a new addition to your family or want to celebrate a promotion or graduation, Olive Bridge creates custom signs for any occasion. Owner Ashleigh is a military spouse who embraces the farmhouse decor trend. Her shop also carries a variety of Christmas ornaments, in case you need a few new ones for your tree.
- Usher Creations: Could this story get any cuter? A husband and wife team named their shop by combining the words “us” and “her.” Usher Creations sells handcrafted wood decor, tumblers and more. Owner Nicole is an Air Force veteran and the seamstress, and husband Matt is responsible for the lathe.
Clothing and Apparel Gift Guide
- DEVIL-DOG Dungarees: A World War I veteran founded General Sportwear, and began selling “Devil Dog Jeans” after World War II in 1948. General Sportwear re-launched these “Tough as a Marine” jeans in 2019, and has since expanded the line to include tees, hats, and accessories. Sales support the Wounded Warrior Project.
- Nine Line Apparel: This apparel company aims to represent the grit and commitment of Americans. Nine Line offers clothing and gear for everyone on your list. The company was co-founded in 2012 by Tyler and Angela, a military veteran and his wife.
- Oscar Mike: Oscar Mike’s sales support a public non-profit of the same name. Shop a wide variety of fitness apparel. Proceeds support injured veterans, so you can look good and feel good.
- Savage Tacticians. Savage Technicians is a patriotic clothing line based out of Wilmington, North Carolina. This Marine Corps veteran’s brand provides some eye-catching themes and logos on a wide variety of t-shirts, hats, and swimwear for men and women. This company’s graphic t-shirts will definitely make your buddies laugh and get you noticed when you enter a room.
- Triple Nikel: Triple Nikel is a veteran-owned apparel company that salutes diversity. The Triple Nikel name is a nod to the legacy of the famed 555th Parachute Infantry Regiment, also known as the Triple Nickels. The founders of Triple Nikel are all veterans who started in the 82nd Airborne Division. Their motto is, “We Served Too.” You can find men’s and women’s clothing and accessories.
Jewelry and Accessories Gift Guide
- Akazi Jewelry is owned and operated by a military spouse and specializes in jewelry. Proceeds go to help women in Africa obtain life-saving health care.
- Alpine Rings: Air Force veteran Tim Dobbs started Alpine Rings in his two-car garage in 2018. The company has a wide selection of affordable, unique rings and wedding bands. Right now Alpine Rings are only available online, but he hopes to open a retail shop next year in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Charliemadison: A military spouse-owned company, Charliemadison creates made-to-order bracelets and necklaces to help you celebrate the important people in your life. A portion of each sale is donated to support military organizations.
- Designs by Katie Leigh: When you’re looking for something special, check out Designs by Katie Leigh, a custom jewelry shop owned by a military spouse and her active-duty husband. They regularly work with other small businesses and donate products to charities, including military-affiliated programs.
- Hope Design: A military spouse with a passion for history and vintage jewelry created this company selling necklaces, bracelets, rings, brooches, and cufflinks for every military branch.
- Integrity Bottles is a company run by military veterans and former law enforcement. Named for their business ethics, the company specializes in glassware, mugs, and tumblers with customized messages.
- Miah Collection is a veteran-owned and sells artisan-produced bags and purses. A large portion of the company profits supports indigenous Mayan communities by providing scholarships for education.
- Nomadés: Four Marine spouses founded this company, which custom designs charms for most duty stations and military life moments.
- R. Riveter: Two Army spouses founded this handbag and accessory company in an attic. Now, it helps tackle military spouse employment challenges. They even scored a deal with Mark Cuban on the hit TV show “Shark Tank.” Their handcrafted leather and canvas handbags are crafted by military spouses (called “remote riveters”) all over the country, providing them with mobile, flexible income. Each item has an “RR” stamp that allows the owner to look up the “riveter” who worked on their special handbag.
Self-Care Gift Guide
- Brave Crates is a monthly subscription box for military spouses. The company’s founders speak from firsthand experience that “deployments sucks” for military families, and they want to help! These gift boxes offer tools for self-care, personal development and long-distance love, delivered monthly to help you count down the days until you’re together again.
- Dashfire Beards: This veteran-owned company produces beard oil and beard grooming products. Their motto is, “Serve your beard like you served your country.”
- Just Lovely Lipstick: An Army veteran started this lipstick brand inspired by her mother. The lip colors are handcrafted and made with natural oils.
- Teak and Twine: Owned by an Air Force veteran, Teak and Twine provides the perfect gift for a day of self-care. Re-create a relaxing spa day at home with their gift baskets, which can include bath salts, soaps, candles and gourmet treats. Teak and Twine can customize orders for any special occasion.
Food and Drink Gift Guide
- Black Rifle Coffee Company is a veteran-owned coffee company with facilities based in Manchester, Tennessee and Salt Lake City, Utah. This company offers high-quality coffee found in stores nationwide and through subscription boxes. A portion of proceeds support veterans, law enforcement, and first responders—so you can feel even better about your coffee habit.
- Devil Dog Coffee Company: Featuring blends like Reveille, Goodnight Chesty, and GI Jane, the Devil Dog Coffee Company has a cup of joe suited for everyone’s tastes. The shop offers a generous 10% discount for members of the military, veterans, first responders, medical staff and teachers.
- Frag Out Flavor: Frag Out Flavor was founded in 2017 by Patrick Flynn, a veteran who served as a combat engineer in the Army. His brand provides quality seasonings and barbecue rubs, perfect for your winter barbeque, as well as gear, including a tactical apron.
- Heroes Vodka: Started by a Marine Corps veteran Travis McVey, Heroes Vodka’s mission is to provide exceptional taste and superior value and to honor heroes who serve, protect and perform outstanding work in our communities. The spirit was first bottled on Veterans Day 2011.
- Mutt’s Sauce: A Vietnam veteran is the force behind this tangy-sweet-sauce. He left the recipe to his granddaughter, who was serving in the Air Force. She decided to bottle the magic sauce and now makes it available all across the country.
- Rumispice brings exotic spices from Afghanistan to your kitchen table. Founded by veterans who served in Afghanistan, this company offers ethically sourced spices from across the globe while supporting Afghan farmers and their families who harvest and process these spices.
Gift Guide for Kids
- Babiators: A military spouse came up with the idea for Babiators on a Marine Corps base when she noticed military kids squinting in the bright sun while their moms and dads sported stylish sunglasses. After sharing the idea for safe and durable kids’ sunglasses with her husband, a Marine Corps aviator, they decided to call the sunglasses Babiators, and they launched the business with a couple of long-time friends.
- Cali Bee Kids: If you’re looking for a custom outfit to mark this year’s holiday season, check out Cali Bee Kids. Owned by a military spouse, each article of clothing from this shop is designed, crafted and produced in America.
Gifts for Pets
- K9 Salute: This veteran-owned company sells all-natural dog treats. To honor fallen K9 service dogs, a portion of each sale is donated to military and police K9 units. The founder, a military veteran, also uses some of the proceeds to help veterans get connected with service dogs.
Gift Ideas for Family Experiences
- DC Military Tours is Washington’s only veteran-owned and operated tour company. DC Military Tours offers military historical tours of the nation’s capital, provided exclusively by veteran tour guides. This tour company provides veteran-led tours of the Washington Monument, Arlington National Cemetery, and Capitol Hill.
- Big Iron Tour Company is a veteran-owned tour company that takes visitors on thrilling off-road hummer excursions to view breathtaking views of the red rock landscapes found in rural Moab, Utah. Marine veteran Mike Ballard is the owner and operator, and he’s a life-long resident of the area. He promises an adventure on every Hummer convoy trip out!
Veteran and Military Spouse-Owned Business Resources
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Check out the following resources for veteran and military spouse owned small businesses:
We hope you enjoyed reading about these unique, veteran-owned gift recommendations. There are bound to be at least a few great ideas here that will earn you a high-five, happy dance or even a big bear hug for being such an excellent gift giver this holiday season!
About the comments on this site:
These responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Alpine Rings says
Alpine Rings is a proudly veteran owned and operated jeweler based in Charlotte, NC. We’d love to be listed in your jewelry section! 🙂
Brittany Crocker says
Keith Pruett says
This USAF veteran wants to thank you for this article!??
Brittany Crocker says
You’re welcome, Keith!