Chase’s Disney® Visa® Card has some decent rewards and perks, but limited earning rates and somewhat complicated redemption options make this card a good choice only if you’re a die-hard Disney fan. You can probably do better if you add the card_name to your wallet instead.
Disney® Visa® Card: Overview
The card_name works best for service members with families who are big fans of the Disney brand. You can earn 1% in Disney Rewards Dollars on all your card purchases with no limits to the amount you can earn.
Redeem these Rewards Dollars toward almost anything Disney or Star Wars at most Disney locations, including Theme Park tickets, Resort stays, shopping, dining, and more.
Service members can also use the card to get 10-15% discounts on certain Disney merchandise and services and several standard credit card perks such as fraud protection, baggage delay insurance, purchase protection, extended warranty protection, and other similar benefits.
How Military Members Can Benefit From Using the Disney® Visa® Card
All Disney credit cards belong to the Visa payment network, which means they benefit from widespread acceptance at merchant locations and ATMs across the U.S. and abroad. That’s good news if you’re a service member traveling abroad as part of your deployment or on a family vacation with your spouse and children.
However, be aware that the card_name comes with a 3% foreign transaction fee which can add up if you’re out of the United States for an extended period.
Under the Military Lending Act, service members receive waived annual and other fees (except late fees and insufficient fund fees). Although the Disney Visa Card has no annual fee, you may benefit from other fees being waived while you are a cardholder.
While it doesn’t apply here, it’s also good to know the Military Annual Percentage Rate (MAPR) must not exceed 36%, and any introductory promotional interest rates must be honored.
Disney® Visa® Card Perks & Benefits
Here are some of the perks and benefits you’ll enjoy as a Disney Visa Cardholder:
- annual_fees annual fee
- Earn 1% in Disney Rewards Dollars on all your card purchases with no limits to the amount you can earn. Redeem Rewards Dollars toward most anything Disney or Star Wars at most Disney locations, including Theme Park tickets, Resort stays, shopping, dining and more
- Choose from 10 different card designs, including classic Disney castle iconography, Mickey Mouse, Toy Story characters, and Star Wars
- Special financing on select Disney vacation packages
- Exclusive cardmember events at Disney Store
- Earn 100 Disney Rewards Dollars for each friend (up to 5) that gets approved for any Disney Visa Card
- 10% off select credit card purchases at Disney.com
- 10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations at Disneyland, Disney World and aboard Disney cruises
- 10% discount at select dining locations in Disneyland and Disney World
- 15% off the non-discounted price of select guided tours at Disneyland and Disney World, plus the option to pose for special photos at private cardmember locations
- One-year complimentary DashPass, a membership for DoorDash and Caviar that provides unlimited deliveries with $0 delivery fees and lower service fees on eligible orders
- Baggage delay insurance
- Purchase protection
- Extended warranty protection
- Security Features include fraud monitoring, 0% fraud liability, and multiple authentication checks when logging into the website or app.
- Cards are chip-enabled and with the option for contactless card payment.
- See Rates and Fees
NOTE: Gift certificates, park admission, arcades, outdoor vendors, and photos are excluded from discounts.
Disney® Visa® Card Credit Limit
The card_name credit limit depends on income, creditworthiness, payment history, and other factors when you apply for the card. If approved for a Signature account, your credit access line will be at least $5000. If approved for a Platinum account, your credit limit will be at least $500.
Disney® Visa® Card Rates and Fees
- Foreign transaction fee of foreign_transaction_fee
- reg_apr,reg_apr_type APR
- Balance transfer fee of balance_transfer_fees
- Cash advance fee of cash_advance_fee
- cash_advance_apr APR for cash advances
- 21-day grace period
Earning & Redeeming Rewards with the Disney® Visa® Card
The card_name offers 1% in Disney Rewards Dollars on all card purchases. You can earn unlimited rewards, but they expire five years after posting to your account.
However, once you transfer the Disney Rewards Dollars to a Disney Rewards Redemption Card, those rewards never expire.
Rewards are earned as Disney Rewards Dollars, which can be redeemed toward Disney goods and services. However, to redeem rewards, you must get a reloadable redemption card, from DisneyRewards.com, by calling 1-800-300-8575 or at various theme park locations and transfer your rewards to that card.
For the first reward transfer, you must accumulate at least 20 Rewards Dollars, which you’ll earn by spending $2,000 on the Disney Visa Card. All subsequent transfers must be at least 10 Rewards Dollars.
You can use Disney Rewards Dollars at Walt Disney World and Disneyland resorts in the U.S. only), on Disney Cruise Lines, at a Disney Store, and toward Disney, Pixar, and “Star Wars” movies at AMC Theaters.
Rewards are credited to your account at the end of each billing cycle and included on your monthly statement.
Applying for the Disney® Visa® Card
If approved for a Signature account, your credit access line will be at least $5000. If approved for a Platinum account, your credit limit will be at least $500.
Your credit score is important but only one of the factors for approval. Chase will examine your income, debts, number of open accounts, employment status, housing status, payment history, and other factors as part of an overall approval process.
If you’re strong in some of these other areas, you may be able to qualify with a slightly lower credit score in some cases.
You can apply online, through the issuer’s mobile app, or submit a written application at the issuer’s local branch. There is no preapproval tool, so you’ll be dinged with a credit inquiry when you apply.
Disney® Visa® Card vs. Other Cards for Military Members
This is how the card_name compares to other similar cards:
Additional Disney Discounts for Military Families
You can score some major discounts on Disney merchandise and experiences when you use your card, but Disney also offers great military discounts whether you use the Disney Visa Card or not.
The Disney Armed Forces Salute offers Disney theme park tickets at 32% to 53% off the regular price and Disney resort rooms at up to a 30% to 40% discount. Permanent ticket offers are also available, although they could be more generous.
The Salute discount applies to active and retired:
- Military (US Army, US Navy, US Marines, US Air Force, US Space Force)
- Reserve Military (US Army, US Navy, US Marines, US Air Force, US Space Force)
- National Guard
- US Coast Guard
- Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS)
- Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- 100% Service Connected Disabled
- Medal of Honor Recipients
Like most other Disney military discounts, there isn’t a set rule or rate for pricing on Disney Cruises. The discounts are always changing based on booking availability, so check Disney’s Cruises website frequently until you find a discount that fits your budget and schedule.
Take advantage of special rates with Disney vacation packages, Disney cruises, Adventures by Disney packages, and packages at the Aulani resort. You can also qualify for financing if you book through the Walt Disney Travel Company, online at Disney sites, or with an eligible travel agent or site.
You can also buy premium tickets to select Disney on Broadway shows and get a VIP package.
Is the Disney® Visa® Card Worth It?
The card_name can be a good choice for service members with families who frequently visit Disney theme parks or plan to spend big on a single trip to a Disney destination.
If you’re interested in getting exclusive perks and discounts on Disney merchandise, this card could also be worthwhile. But if you don’t frequent Disney properties or buy Disney goods, you might be better off with other cash-back or travel cards that offer higher rewards on a broader range of purchases and redemptions.
The Military Wallet has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. The Military Wallet and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on The Military Wallet are from advertisers. Compensation may impact how and where card products appear, but does not affect our editors’ opinions or evaluations. The Military Wallet does not include all card companies or all available card offers.