Military servicemembers often PCS several times in their careers. Relocating is never easy, but thankfully TRICARE just improved the relocation process by making it easier to transfer your TRICAE Prime enrollment when you PCS. Now, all you need to do is make a simple phone call and your TRICARE Prime enrollment will be transferred. This eliminates much of the work in the old process, which required enrollment forms, processing, and sometimes waiting for the records to be updated.
Active duty service members who are moving simply need to call their current regional health care contractor to transfer their entire family’s enrollment. When making the phone call, be sure to include your e-mail address and cell phone number (or other form of contact). The active duty service member will receive a phone call from their new regional contractor within five business days of their relocation to finalize the transfer of their TRICARE Prime enrollment.
When the TRICARE Prime enrollment is complete, they service member should have a new Primary Care Manager (PCM) who is best suited to the servicemember’s needs (based on region, location, and anticipated medical needs). Coverage is continuous during this process and service members and their families can continue to be seen while they are in the process of PCSing. Once the service member arrives at his/her new location, the service member can confirm coverage by visiting the Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE) website.
Military members can still transfer their TRICARE Prime enrollment when in-processing at their new base, in person and a local TRICARE Service Center, online through the BWE, or by mail by downloading, completing and sending in an enrollment application form (DD Form 2876 – visit www.tricare.mil/forms to download this form). For more information on transferring Prime enrollment, go to: www.tricare.mil/moving.
Recommended links from around the web:
- Who Pays No Tax At All? The answer might surprise you.
- The Monevator discusses the Buffett family and how to save for pension.
- Here are 5 Powerful Ways To Teach Kids About Money, and 100 words to teach kids about money.
- Would you invest in o’leary funds?
- Social Security Benefits for Wounded Warriors.
- Neal share some tips on Borrowing Money for a home business.
- Here are some great tips on how to save money on groceries.
- Totally Money Blog Carnival #10, Family and Finances — Couple Money, Integrated Finance Carnival #1
- Festival of Frugality #271, Carnival of Wealth #30, Integrated Finance Carnival
- » Best Of Money Carnival, Best Of Money Carnival #97, Carnival of Personal Finance, Festival of Frugality #274, The Saved Quarter Challenge: Totally Money Carnival Edition.