I love Amazon Prime. In my personal opinion, it’s one of the best deals going in the tech sector. And it has added many new features since I first became a member years ago. There is only one membership level of Amazon Prime.
Amazon doesn’t offer a year-round military or veteran discount, but Amazon Prime can still benefit military members, particularly those stationed overseas.
Is There an Amazon Military Discount?
There is no Amazon military discount currently. However, service members and Veterans can still save money by using Amazon Prime to shop exclusive deals like Prime Day.
No Current Amazon Prime Veterans Discounts
Amazon does not have a Veteran-specific discount on prime memberships for Prime Day 2023, according to Amazon retail spokesperson Alexis Tiacoh.
Amazon’s Prime Insider newsletter is the best place to learn about these offers. Last year’s announcement went up on Prime Insider on Nov. 8.
We will update this page if Amazon announces a 2023 discount.
College and university students can also get Amazon Prime Student for roughly half the cost. Just sign up with a .edu email address.
Amazon Prime Membership Cost
In 2022, Amazon’s annual Prime membership price increased by $20 to $139 from $119.
Monthly fees also increased by $2 to $14.99 from $12.99 per month. If you can afford the up-front cost of an annual membership, it comes out to about $40 less than the month-to-month plan.
Amazon Prime Day July 2023
With Prime Day 2023 fast approaching on July 11 and 12th, Amazon is already whetting our appetites with a selection of standout deals. Our skilled deal trackers are diligently combing through the plethora of offers to help you unearth the hidden gems.
Until the grand event commences, we’ve assembled the pick of the bunch from Amazon’s current deals below. Act fast to score big savings on some of the most popular products on Amazon!
- Apple Devices: Shop today’s best Apple Prime Day deals at Amazon
- PCs & Gaming: Up to 48% off on PC components and gaming devices
- YETI Deals: Up to 50% off YETI coolers and drinkware
- Home Security: Up to 50% off on Ring doorbells, cameras, alarms, and bundles
- Echo Devices: Up to 65% off on Echo devices and smart home bundles
- Dyson Products: Up to 36% off Dyson vacuums and air purifiers
- Fire TV: Up to 50% off on select smart Fire TVs
- Amazon 43″ Omni 4K Fire TV: 75% off – was $399 now $99
- Bulova Men’s Marine Star Watch: Up to 60% off, was $450 now $179
- JBL Live 660NC Wireless Headphones: Up to 55% off, was $199 now $89
- Amazon Music: Get
1 month3 months of Amazon Music Unlimited free
Amazon Prime Visa Card: Your Key to a World of Rewards
Are you an Amazon shopper looking for a way to maximize your savings? Look no further than the Amazon Prime Visa Card. This card, a collaboration between Amazon and Chase, is designed to reward you for every purchase you make, especially on Amazon.com and at Whole Foods Market.
The Amazon Prime Visa Card offers an impressive range of benefits. For starters, there’s no annual credit card fee, and you won’t have to worry about foreign transaction fees either. This makes it a great companion for both your local and international shopping.
One of the standout features of this card is the rewards system. You can earn unlimited 3% back on your Amazon.com and Amazon Fresh purchases, or even 5% back if you have an eligible Prime membership. The same rewards apply to your purchases at Whole Foods Market. And for Prime Day 2023, cardmembers with an eligible Prime membership can earn a whopping 6% back at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market on July 11 & 12.
But the rewards don’t stop there. You can also earn unlimited 3% back on Chase Travel purchases or 5% back with an eligible Prime membership. Plus, you’ll get unlimited 2% back at gas stations, restaurants, and on local transit and commuting, including rideshare. For all other purchases anywhere Visa is accepted, you’ll earn unlimited 1% back.
The redemption process is just as easy as earning rewards. You can redeem your daily rewards at Amazon.com as soon as the next day. Alternatively, you can redeem at Chase.com for cash back, gift cards, or travel.
The Amazon Prime Visa Card also comes with additional benefits like Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Baggage Delay Insurance, Extended Warranty Protection, Lost Luggage Reimbursement, Roadside Dispatch, Travel Accident Insurance, Travel and Emergency Assistance, and Purchase Protection.
For a limited time, Prime members can get a $200 Amazon Gift Card instantly upon approval. So why wait? Apply for the Amazon Prime Visa Card today and start enjoying these incredible benefits!
Amazon Prime Benefits for Military Members
For those who aren’t familiar with it, Amazon Prime provides free two-day shipping on most orders. In some cases, you can get free delivery in as little as two hours, depending on the item and where you live (this option is much more common near large metropolitan areas).
Fast shipping is one of my favorite benefits. I’m geographically separated from most of my family, so it makes Christmas shopping easy. I can order gifts, have them wrapped and shipped for less than the cost of buying something locally, adding the time and expense to wrap it myself, then the time and expense of shipping the item via the post office, UPS, or FedEx.
If you’re working with overseas APO or FPO shipping deadlines, it’s a huge help.
Many military members who live away from family use Amazon Prime to order necessities that aren’t available at military exchanges or in the local economy.
Note: Amazon can ship most items to APO and FPO addresses. However, free two-day shipping may not apply to all overseas locations due to varying international transit times.
Amazon Prime Delivery Options:
Amazon offers the following delivery options within the Continental United States (delivery times will vary with APO/FPO delivery addresses).
- Free two-day shipping on eligible items
- Free same-day delivery in eligible zip codes.
- Free two-hour delivery in eligible zip codes with Prime Now.
- Free release-date delivery for pre-ordered items.
- Free no-rush shipping. Earn rewards for having your delivery scheduled for a later date.
Amazon Prime Streaming Benefits
Amazon offers a streaming service for video, music, and gaming that can help keep military members entertained while away from home.
Streaming services included with prime memberships include:
- Prime Video – streaming video with an extensive library of movies, TV shows, and documentaries.
- Prime Music – streaming radio, featuring the ability to stream entire albums, customize radio stations, multiple genres of music, etc.
- Amazon Music Unlimited – For an additional annual or monthly fee you can subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimted, which has millions of songs to choose from.
- Prime Gaming – Access to free games, in-game content, and more. Prime Gaming also includes a monthly free Twitch channel subscription, and with 5+ new free games added to the library every month, there is always something great to play.
My family and I no longer subscribe to cable TV; we cut the cord several years ago. Now we watch TV through a combination of over-the-air TV with a digital antenna, Amazon Prime and Netflix streaming.
I also use Amazon streaming music to avoid listening to annoying commercials from commercial radio and to listen to entire albums on demand.
Amazon Prime Video Available to Some Overseas Military Members
Amazon Prime Video and Radio availability may vary on overseas military bases due to licensing agreements.
Here is a list of the bases where Amazon Prime Video is available as of our last check. We’ll update this list as more information becomes available.
|U.S. Military Base/Camp||Country||Internet Service Provider|
|Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base||Romania||SniperHill|
|Incirlik Air Base||Turkey||Turk Telecom|
|Camp Lemonnier (US Navy)||Djibouti|
|Kadena AB, Okinawa||Japan||Mediatti Broadband|
|Camp Foster, Okinawa||Japan||Mediatti Broadband|
|Camp Schwab, Okinawa||Japan||Mediatti Broadband|
|Fort Buckner, Okinawa||Japan||Mediatti Broadband|
|Yokota Air Base||Japan||Allied Telesis|
|Misawa Air Base||Japan||Allied Telesis|
Additional Amazon Prime Benefits
- Whole Foods Market: 5% savings for eligible Prime members who also have the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card; two-hour delivery in eligible cities.
- Prime Photos – free storage for all of your photos in Amazon Cloud Drive and additional free storage space for personal video and document storage.
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library – the ability to borrow one book per month for free from a select library of thousands of books,
- Kindle First – allows members to get one free book each month before it is released to the public.
- Other benefits – the ability to share free two-day shipping with members of the household, exclusive Prime coupons and discounts, seasonal promotions.
How to Sign Up for Amazon Prime
As you can see, there is a lot of value for $139 a year. You can sign up for a free Amazon Prime trial by clicking this free Amazon Prime trial link.
How Amazon Supports Military Members and Veterans
Back in 2021, Amazon pledged to hire more than 100,000 military veterans and spouses by 2024. Its Skillbridge program provides fellowship and apprenticeship opportunities to separating military members and veterans who are within 180 days of their separation date.
To date, Amazon employs more than 40,000 military spouses and veterans, including members of the National Guard and reserves. During the pandemic, Amazon continued to provide job protection, healthcare coverage and differential pay to over 8,000 employees who were called to active duty to assist in emergency relief efforts.
Try Amazon Prime:
Get a one-month free trial with Amazon Prime.