Military discounts are businesses’ generous way of thanking military personnel and veterans for their service to the country.
Discounts range everywhere from store rewards cards to restaurant discounts to savings on resorts and amusement parks.
One of those parks, SeaWorld, offers a generous promotion to military families.
Take a look at SeaWorld’s military discount below to see how you can enjoy a free trip to the aquatic park with your family.
About SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment
SeaWorld is an Orlando, Florida-based company owned by SeaWorld Entertainment. It is a marine animal park and theme park with several animal attractions and rides.
It was founded in 1964 by David Demott, George Millay, Ken Norris, and Milton Shedd, with its first park being opened on March 21st, 1964, in San Diego.
The park received an overwhelming response with over 400,000 guests visiting the park in the first 12 months of its launching. There are now locations in San Antonio, Texas, and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, apart from its headquarters.
Guests have the chance to get up close to the marine animals that these parks have along with enjoying thrilling roller coaster rides.
The parks feature shows by dolphins, orcas, sea lions, and several other marine mammals. SeaWorld also offers educational demonstrations to increase awareness about marine and terrestrial animals among its visitors.
Apart from entertaining their guests, SeaWorld is also focused on animal welfare, veterinary care, behavioral management, and animal husbandry.
Over the last 50 years, the company has helped over 34,000 animals in need through the rescue program the company runs.
The SeaWorld Military Discount Policy
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is a theme park that has a 50-year history in the United States with SeaWorld theme parks in Orlando, San Antonio, and San Diego and regional theme parks spread across various locations in the United States.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment own or license the popular brands SeaWorld, Sea Rescue, and Busch Gardens.
The SeaWorld parks showcase their unique zoological collection and all the parks feature a wide range of family and thrill rides, educational demos, shows, and other attractions that appeal to all age groups.
SeaWorld and Discovery Cove offer special pricing and promos for active members of the military and veterans.
And, as a mark of respect and a way to thank the women and men of the US armed forces, as well as their families, for their sacrifice and service, the company created Waves of Honor.
Waves of Honor allows any active duty US military, drilling or activated reservist or National Guardsman a complimentary admission in a year to one of the attractions – SeaWorld, Sesame Palace, or Busch Gardens.
Active Military Promotion
- This offer is for military personnel and up to 3 of their direct dependents and the offer is valid only for 1 park and 1 visit only.
- To take advantage of the SeaWorld Military offer, the active service members and their dependents should have a military ID that is valid and active.
- You must click on the “Troop ID” button in order to verify your active duty status.
- “Troop ID” is the credential which is issued by ID.me. This allows the verified military community members such as active duty, retirees, veterans, military family members and military spouses to access the programs meant for the military community members exclusively.
- Spouses of active service members should log in to the active duty member account to access their dependent tickets.
- The offer is available online and the ticket for admission to SeaWorld expires on December 31.
The family members and spouses of military personnel can create a Troop ID; however, the discounted or complimentary tickets are accessible to only the accounts that are verified as a service member, retiree, or veteran.
Once the verification is done, you can print up to 3 direct dependent admission tickets for a single day.
If you are a single parent serving overseas and your children live with a relative, they can use the offer. The primary caregiver of the children must contact the guest relations of the park they want to visit and submit your military status proof and deployment.
Veteran Military Promotion
- The veterans discount is a token of appreciation of SeaWorld to honor women and men who are veterans and have served in the US armed forces.
- The offer allows former military personnel and up to 3 guests a 50% discount on a single day ticket at SeaWorld Orlando.
- To avail the offer, the former service member should provide a military ID.
- To avail the offer, you must click on the “Troop ID” button and verify that you are a veteran.
- The veteran should be present along with the three guests at the park at the time of redemption.
- The offer is valid until December 31st.
Who Is Eligible?
Active Military Promotion
The Waves of Honor complimentary admission includes all the women and men of the armed forces of the United States:
- Active duty military
- Reserve soldiers
- Coast Guardsmen
Only active duty US military personnel qualify for the complimentary admission.
All the ready and active reservists and National Guard members qualify irrespective of their deployment status.
Veteran Military Promotion
The veteran military promotion can be used only by veterans and qualified service members including active, honorably separated officers, retired, and enlisted members of the United States military.
Are There Exceptions?
The Waves of Honor Program is applicable only to the members of the US military and does not apply if you are a service member from an Allied country.
The Waves of Honor Program is not applicable to inactive, retired and standby reserve members, retirees from the military, civilian Department of Defense workers and United States Merchant Marine.
Also, the brand partners of SeaWorld may accept only certain sub-segments of the military for a specific offer.
For example, an active duty member with a Troop ID may be eligible to receive some offers, whereas, a Military Family with a Troop ID may not be able to avail the same offer.
The Waves of Honor Program is not applicable for Water Country USA, VA, Aquatica Water Parks, Discovery Cove, or Adventure Island Tampa.
The offer is also not valid for ticketed events including Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Tampa and Christmas Town at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.
SeaWorld is one of several business and organizations offering military discounts to service men and women and their families.
A visit to SeaWorld could be the perfect addition to your family vacation, at little or no cost to you. If you meet the qualification requirements, you could enjoy a complimentary day of aquatic fun with your spouse and children.
And if you’re serving overseas, you could still provide your kids with a memorable day at one of the country’s most famed amusement parks.
With Waves of Honor, planning your trip and securing your discount are as simple as visiting the park’s website, verifying your military status, and booking your trip.