USAA is giving away a car as a promotion for their new mobile app, USAA Auto Circle, which makes it easy to complete the entire car buying process from your iPhone (apps for other smart phones are in work!). The app is very cool and is a great way to research prices, reviews, and other information (also a great way to double check competitors while the salesman keeps you waiting!).
USAA Live Webinar: Keys to Confidence – Finding a Car that Fits
The USAA webinar is designed to help people buy the right car for their needs. Topics will include how to find the right car, what to look for in a test drive, and what not to discuss with the dealer (and what to wait on to discuss – things like trade-ins, financing, etc.).
- Date: Thursday, Oct. 7, 2010
- Time: 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. CT and 8 p.m. – 9 p.m. CT
- Please note registration is required for this free event.
USAA is giving away a free car!
Oh yeah – I almost forgot… USAA is also giving away a free car to help promote this event! Here is the info from USAA:
Registrants for this live webinar will also be entered to win a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Participation or purchase of a product will not increase your chances of winning. You must register by 8 a.m. CT, Oct. 7 to be entered into the drawing. See the official rules.
See the official announcement on the USAA blog for more information or to enter into this drawing.
- Craig has some tips on how to budget.
- Len Penzo asks if college loan debt is really worth it?
- Jeff has some tips on creating a sinking fund. These are great for both short and long term goals.
- Joe Taxpayer covers the 2010 estate tax rules. Keep in mind, these may be changing next year!
- Still thinking about taxes? Check out the 2010 tax brackets.
- Kelly answers the What Why and Where of Credit Scores and Credit Reports.
- The Monevator looks at hedge fund performance.
- Neal has some tips on Disability Insurance for the Self Employed.
- Tom has an article that covers the Canada Pension Plan (CPP). While on the topic of Canada, check out The RESP Book, which covers an education account specific to Canada.
- This is a productivity tip I’ve been trying to master for months; I rarely do it well: manage emails once a day.
- Cash Money Life lists some of the Best Student Credit Cards.
- The Carnival of Real Estate – September Edition, Carnival of Financial Planning – Edition #159.