Update: Zappos no longer offers a military discount (updated 2023). We will update this page if Zappos brings back its military discount. Thank you for understanding!
This link on the Zappos website has up-to-date information about Zappos coupons.
Zappos is the leading online retailer of footwear. One thing that sets this company apart from other shoe retailers is its generous return policy. If you’re unsatisfied with your Zappos purchase, you can return your items for a full refund up to one year from purchase. Of course, the returned item has to be unworn and in the original state they were received. But even with this stipulation, having a year to decide about a pair of shoes is pretty amazing!
What Makes Zappos Worth It?
The main thing that Zappos has going for it is its strong commitment to customer service. Its commitment to customers through its free shipping policies and generous return policy proves this.
Zappos also stands apart from the crowd due to the extensive user reviews and photos members have uploaded to the website. These and the generous return policy give you the confidence to buy shoes online.
While plenty of other shoe retailers offer military discounts, the benefit of shopping at Zappos is that you can access hundreds of different brands, styles, and choices. Some other companies might offer a deeper discount, but they might not have the footwear you need. Shopping at Zappos eliminates that challenge.
Zappos also price matches and adjusts, so even if you find the shoes you want at another retailer, you can still request a price match adjustment. However, stock availability is an important factor in price matching, which could mean it’s not always available. Price adjustment means you can simply claim the difference between what you paid and the new sale price by contacting Zappos customer service. Both of these services aim to ensure happy customers.
Shipping is always free at Zappos with no minimum order or exclusions. In addition to the free 365-day returns, orders are also eligible for exchanges.
Zappos ships anywhere in the US and to all US territories, along with APO/FPO addresses. Three shipping speeds are offered, and you can pay to expedite your order.
Zappos No Longer Offers a Military Discount
Zappos previously offered military members 10% off their purchases. This includes active duty, National Guard and Reserves members, retirees, veterans, and registered dependents.
After eligibility is confirmed, an email discount code will be sent to your email. There is no minimum purchase requirement.
Zappos also offered discounts for teachers (K-12) and students attending qualifying 2-year and 4-year colleges and trade schools. Students may still be eligible for the discount within up to 18 months of graduation.
How to Get the Military Discount
A Zappos account is required to take advantage of the Zappos military discount. Like many other military discounts, your eligibility will be verified with SheerID. Signing in with an Amazon account is also possible, which might unlock other discounts.
How Does Zappos Military Discount Compare?
Zappos isn’t the only shoe company that offers a military discount. Here’s a list of other retailers that are worth exploring.
- Adidas – 30% off in-store and online purchases with a valid military ID, uses ID.me
- Bates Footwear – military-grade boots and other footwear; features brands found at installation Exchanges at about 50% off the retail suggested price.
- Champs Sports – 20% off Champs purchases with valid military ID
- Converse – 15% off; discount is open to dependents
- Footlocker – 15% off in-store and online purchases with a valid ID
- Journey’s – 10% off in-store purchases, no online discount available
- Nike – 20% off in-store and online purchases
- Payless – 10% off in-store purchases with a valid ID
- Rack Room Shoes – Usually offered only one day a week in select stores, discount amount varies
- Shoe Carnival – some stores offer a 10% military discount
- Steve Madden – 10% off in-store purchases
- Stride Rite – Children shoe retailer, 10% off in-store and online and can be used on sale and clearance items, but you need a .mil email address to access the online discount
Which Makes More Sense?
There are deeper discounts available at other online shoe retailers. Still, none offer what Zappos does – free shipping, a very generous return policy, a price match guarantee, and a price adjustment guarantee. This is important since it’s hard to tell if a pair of shoes will be comfortable when you purchase them online. Zappos is also a good choice because of its wide selection, so unless you’re extremely loyal to one specific brand, it might be worth checking there first.