Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) offers a few discount options for military members and veterans at its hotel chains, including Holiday Inn. Service members traveling on orders can take advantage of IHG government rates and per-diem booking, according to the IHG website.
Current service members, military veterans, spouses and family members can book with IHG’s military appreciation rate, which offers a percentage off its Best Flexible Rate pricing.
Read on to learn more about the Holiday Inn military discount.
Looking for a Different Hotel?
See More Hotels With Military Discounts
How Does the Military Discount Work at Holiday Inn?
Holiday Inn is a national hotel chain with 1,178 worldwide locations, including popular vacation destinations.
Holiday Inn’s military appreciation discount starts at 5% off its “Best Flexible Rate” price, according to IHG. However, individual hotels set their own discount rates, so you may receive a higher discount at some locations.
Who Is Eligible for the IHG Hotels Military Discount?
The Holiday Inn military discount is available to all active-duty service members, veterans and military family members with valid military, veteran or dependent identification.
Eligible family members don’t have to travel with a service member to take advantage of Holiday Inn’s military discount.
How to Book the Holiday Inn Military Discount
Eligible travelers can book a Holiday Inn stay online with IHG’s military appreciation or government rate or by phone at 1-877-424-2449, according to IHG’s website. Travelers who need to book under a specific per diem rate must call IHG at the same number to make reservations.
Call customer service or message the interactive virtual assistant on Holiday Inn’s home page if you run into issues.
Will I Need Military Identification at Check-In?
To receive Holiday Inn’s government rate or per-diem booking rate. To take advantage of Holiday Inn’s military appreciation rate, you must show a valid military, dependent or veteran check-in, such as a common access card (CAC) or a state ID with veteran designation.
Holiday Inn Military Discount Restrictions
Holiday Inn’s military discount has several restrictions:
- You must book directly with Holiday Inn to receive its discount rate. Military discounts may not apply to bookings made on other platforms.
- The 5% discount off the Best Flexible Rate is only available for leisure travel – you can’t apply it when you’re on orders. If you’re traveling on orders, ask about IHG’s government rate or per diem booking instead.
- Holiday Inn hotels may have some blackout dates when discount room bookings are unavailable. Contact the hotel you want to stay at to confirm discount availability during the dates of your stay.
- Veterans that do not have a state ID with veteran designation must contact Holiday Inn customer service to discuss veteran status verification.
Other IHG Hotels With Military and Veteran Discounts
IHG’s military discount is available across its 17 hotel brands at any of their participating 6,000+ hotel locations.
Look for IHG’s military discount at:
- Atwell Suites
- Candlewood Suites
- Crowne Plaza
- Even Hotels
- Hotel Indigo
- Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts
- Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
- Six Senses
- Staybridge Suites
To find what IHG military discount hotels are available, search by desired destination, dates, number of guests and rooms to see possible booking options.