Military members make daily sacrifices to secure the freedom that many of us take for granted. Sometimes a simple “thank you” doesn’t seem like enough to properly thank all military members for their service on our behalf. Perhaps this is why thousands of stores around the nation offer military discounts to active service members, retirees, veterans, and in some cases, their family members.
We have done our best to verify each offer on this list of military discounts. Please help share this list with other military members and veterans who may be able to use these discounts. You can share them via FaceBook, Twitter, E-mail, or word of mouth.
General Rules About Military Discounts:
Here are some general rules of thumb regarding military discounts:
- Most military discounts aren’t publicized – it never hurts to ask.
- Most military discounts are only available to current military members. Some military discounts are available to all veterans, but in general, most discounts are for actively serving military members (some military discounts are extended to all veterans around major military holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July or Veteran’s Day).
- Valid ID usually required. Most military discounts only apply if you have valid ID – usually a current Military ID Card or a retiree card
- Other forms of ID may be acceptable. A Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW), DD214, discharge paperwork, or other form of identification may work for some military discounts, particularly those around the major military holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July or Veteran’s Day).
- Many military discounts vary by location. Many franchises leave discounts at the discretion of the owner.
- Military discounts are not always the best offer. You may be able to find better deals by shopping around (airlines, hotels, and travel are good examples of times when shopping around may lead to bigger savings).
- Many hotel chains will match max per diem rates for your area. Always ask.
- Military discounts are a blessing, not a right. Discounts are offered out of kindness and respect for your service.
For veterans of Iraq or Afghanistan, please check out IAVA. Members there are offered vouchers to many retail stores, such as JC Penney.
Military Discounts and Special Offers
Additions or suggestions? Please contact us if you know of additional stores which offer military discounts. Please send a link to the store or discount so that we may share it with everyone. If you are a company representative, please send an e-mail from your company e-mail address so we can verify the offer. Please indicate if the military discount is an ongoing offer, or for a special event such as Memorial Day or Veteran’s Day (see our list of Veteran’s Day Discounts for specific offers).
Military Members File Taxes for Free!
Home Depot, Lowe’s, and other Retail Discounts
- Update: Home Depot and Lowes 10% Military Discount Available Everyday.
- Sam’s Club offers a membership discount for military members.
You’ve earned your education benefits so use them and increase your earning power! Search GI Bill schools and other education opportunities.
VA Loan Information
A VA Loan is one of the best ways for a military veteran to afford a house. Be sure to get the right information before applying for your VA Loan!
- VA Loan info (military and veterans only)
Travel Discounts & Discounts on Flights
Try some of the following discounted travel outlets when making your next travel reservations:
Freebies and Sign up Bonuses
A little free money never hurt anyone! Try some of these discounts and freebies for a little extra spending money!
- $50-100 with credit card bonuses.
- $5 Ebates Bonus (Ebates Review)
- Free Money. List of current bank bonuses and cash sign up bonuses.
- Everyone loves free stuff! – Netflix free trial.
Check for updates!
Be sure to check back often! I will try to make new listings as new new deals become available. Be sure to spread the word. Your family members and squadron members will thank you!